Friday 3-19th diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of curiosity...even though the swells are down, is the vis going to compare? Could it take a couple of calm days before the vis improves? Can't take Friday off myself.

I really don't care what the vis is like - as long as there is a reprieve from the surge. Swell dropped last Friday but vis was only 5 ft & BW was as peaceful as a lake :).

We have been having primarily southern winds which has increased the upwelling. This will hopefully bring in clear (but cold) water. Below is a link showing this.
MBARI - M1 Contour CTD string Metsys plot - last 30 days
The upwelling will probably be more pronounced in Carmel Bay.Ben

Thanks Ben! Fingers crossed for good conditions.

Yeah, I knew you were waiting for a better offer :wink:

Nonsense,

I like the way you dive before you ever decided to run the Essentials gauntlet... :D

You have good buddy awareness and I like that in a diver, I have learned so much from diving with my friends...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow.... :wink:

Now off to bed...

yeah, tell that to my buddy who kept running away from me on the surface swims today! I'd get caught in kelp, he'd offer to come help me out of it. Said one of his fins must be shorter than the other? Well, that was his reason for the surface buddy separation.
It was good to see you and Kathy today, I am very grateful for the tie job Kathy did with my reg. Diving was nice, I got a bit cold though, either time for new exposure protection or I need to gain the weight back to fill out my wetsuit.
I choose new exposure protection (read drysuit).
Time to start saving, should have enough in a couple months.

Viz inside the cove was 15 feet, maybe more. Outside was 25ish.
Water temp 50, outside temp--78 :)

Viz was nice, we had about 30 feet out by middle reef. We got to about 51 feet and yes it was cold 50 degrees, but hey I had a drysuit so I was toasty.

The dive was about 63 minutes and it was great, the surface conditions were spectacular with the Sun in full affect.

Look at how calm the water is, Lake Lobos today.

xnhsnm.jpg

It was good to see you and Kathy today, I am very grateful for the tie job Kathy did with my reg.

Good to see you too Christina. You are welcome. I'm sure you'll be tying your own bolt-clip knots before you know it :wink:!

Viz was nice, we had about 30 feet out by middle reef. it was cold 50 degrees,

We did a relaxing nudi hunt along the front of middle reef. Saw many nudi's, a beautiful school of blue rock fish, and the conditions allowed us to follow huge dreamy clouds of krill back up into the cove. My gauge read 48F degrees and my fingers were a little numb - definitely chilly.

The water was surprisingly clear near the boat ramp so we enjoyed a shorter second dive gliding along critter hunting in the rocks next to the parking lot :).

Thanks for the nice day Mike.

Kathy, it's funny, I was in the Basic Scuba forum and there was a discussion just posted today on how to tie bolt snaps, I went to the website link and there is a pictoral explanation on how to tie them. You did a perfect job :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom