Friday 3-19th diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Did you see the swell model for Friday? Haven't seen the blue appear in a very long time, conditions look awesome.

I hope they remain constant until then, so who has Friday off and want to find some critters?

I dove Monday morning and while viz was not great, my dive buddy and I had an awesome 62 minute dive on the wall.

We did some critter hunting and I was testing out my HID light since it's return from Halcyon.

Works like new and I was so happy to have it back.

On a positive note at about 38 feet we found a Monkey face eel, he had a really big and ugly face.

We stopped and shared a zen moment with the eel, he allowed us to view him for a while until my dive buddy said, time to turn the dive.

We also found this really neat looking crab that looked like a horse shoe crab but much smaller, don't know what it's called, very colorful top carapace.

Anyway, if Friday ends up being as calm as it's showing, Lobos sounds like a great palce to do some critter hunting.

So who is up for a cool, easy, soft condition dive?

MG

Last edited:
I wish I was there! Count me in, well, a couple of years from now... :D

Here is a pic of me and my dive buddy from Sunday's dives... Nothing like a gorgeous day in Monterey...

eaqys9.jpg

Here is a pic of me and my dive buddy from Sunday's dives... Nothing like a gorgeous day in Monterey...

eaqys9.jpg
Where's your other tank? :D

Hi all,

Did you see the swell model for Friday? Haven't seen the blue appear in a very long time, conditions look awesome.

I hope they remain constant until then, so who has Friday off and want to find some critters?

I dove Monday morning and while viz was not great, my dive buddy and I had an awesome 62 minute dive on the wall.

We did some critter hunting and I was testing out my HID light since it's return from Halcyon.

Works like new and I was so happy to have it back.

On a positive note at about 38 feet we found a Monkey face eel, he had a really big and ugly face.

We stopped and shared a zen moment with the eel, he allowed us to view him for a while until my dive buddy said, time to turn the dive.

We also found this really neat looking crab that looked like a horse shoe crab but much smaller, don't know what it's called, very colorful top carapace.

Anyway, if Friday ends up being as calm as it's showing, Lobos sounds like a great palce to do some critter hunting.

So who is up for a cool, easy, soft condition dive?

MG

Man, if I wasn't so busy at work I would have to be sick on Friday.

Mike, my buddy Paul and I are going to Lobos Friday, you're welcome to be a third. I'm not going to try and get a reservation unless more teams sign up, as it stood last night, there was only one other team.
As far as skills go, my buddy is DM candidate and I spent 3.5 hours in a classroom and pool with Don last night.

Out of curiosity...even though the swells are down, is the vis going to compare? Could it take a couple of calm days before the vis improves?

Can't take Friday off myself.

Kristina,

I have a partner for Lobos, I will see you there... :) Hopefully the model keeps calm and King Neptune gives us nice viz....

Off to the dive shop to fill my tanks...

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom