Fri/Sat - who wants to dive Malibu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Scott did you get my email this morning?

Conditions are changing fast in the bay and the swells went from 1-2ft yesterday to 4ft today. The vis also took a turn and is down to 5-10ft but this is down toward the Redondo area and I am not sure about the Malibu area.

.TONIGHT...W WIND 10 KT EARLY...BECOMING SE LESS THAN 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 4 TO 6 FT AT 12 SECONDS AND S 2 FT AT 14 SECONDS. .FRI...WIND SE LESS THAN 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 13 SECONDS AND S 2 FT AT 15 SECONDS. .FRI NIGHT...WIND SE 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 3 FT AT 9 SECONDS AND S 2 FT AT 14 SECONDS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. .SAT...WIND SE 10 KT IN THE MORNING...BECOMING SW IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 3 FT AND S 2 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. .SAT NIGHT...WIND SW 10 KT...BECOMING NW 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 3 FT AND S 2 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .SUN...WIND W 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 2 FT AND SW 2 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Rain, rain go away come back another day. Did you know it's going to rain the next 3 days ! Supposedly ? You never know in So Cal.

Good luck, Jeff

scottfiji:
Malibu is protected from the swells that came in, so far at least. The malibu life guard report this morning said surf was under 1 ft. We'll see what happens later this week...

It was drizzling on the way home from Ventura tonight?

I got my money on a wet weekend......sorry.

Everyone, thanks for all the input on the weather. But maybe I didn't explain before, I wanted to dive the Malibu submarine canyon, 75 feet deep, there is no runoff there, its all crystal clear water flowing in from the deep ocean, rain or no rain! You can count the grains of sand on the bottom from the surface. Don't miss out on a good dive....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom