FRENCH REEF, key largo dive report, wed 8/20/14, a few pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
significant current present on the offshore wrecks and molasses reef this AM so we elected to cruise north to FRENCH REEF. dissipating tstorms, sunshine, light winds, flat seas. #1: buoy F12(French trench, southern deep buoy), typical blue/green viz 40-45FT, light/mdt current, 87F @ 45-86FT, nice school of horseye jacks, turtle, otherwise somewhat ho-hum. moved inshore for dive #2: buoy F3(xmas tree cave/hard bottom cave), viz 40-50FT, light current, 87F @ 20-35FT. large tarpon, snook, permit, eagle rays, spadefish, overall much better dive. wide angle pics provided by timg,,,,,,,,,

pics 1 thru 3 dive # 1

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• dfrench.jpg
    dfrench.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 64
  • dfrench2.jpg
    dfrench2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 61
  • dfrench3.jpg
    dfrench3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 53
  • french1.jpg
    french1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
  • french2.jpg
    french2.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 58
  • french3.jpg
    french3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 52
  • french4.jpg
    french4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 51
  • french5.jpg
    french5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 55
  • french6.jpg
    french6.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 57
  • french7.jpg
    french7.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 55
  • french8.jpg
    french8.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 53
  • french9.jpg
    french9.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 56
  • french10.jpg
    french10.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 54
Neat to see the pair of midnight parrotfish; I usually only see one. Nice shot of the 3 permit; those guys seem skittish to me, the few times I've encounter them. Getting a nice side shot of 3 is good.

Richard.

Neat to see the pair of midnight parrotfish; I usually only see one. Nice shot of the 3 permit; those guys seem skittish to me, the few times I've encounter them. Getting a nice side shot of 3 is good.

Richard.
Thank you Richard. We see midnight parrots in schools quite often, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 dozen crunching the reef. Yes, permit are not easy to approach.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom