Freeze?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never been there, but I hear the water temp stays pretty stable there at around 70, so you'll probably freeze when the air hits you!LOL

Water will be fine. But it may be a little refreshing donning & doffing the suit unless you can use their facilities.

No problem.

MichaelBaranows:
Am I going to freeze diving in a 5mm at Aquarena Spring this weekend?

You will be toastie in the 5mil/hood/gloves,,,,,,now you want to get a chill, join me in Feb. in WI. for some ice diving--- :)

For this time of year, I strongly... recommend... a HOOD. :D

If there's any hint of wind, your ears will turn blue and fall off. Run into the changing area as fast you can.

I'll be there the weekend after next. I am not looking forward to getting out of the water. I AM looking forward to seeing all the gar come out of hiding.

It was great. I was up there helping with a OW check-out and taking a few photos. We didn't get in the water until about 130 and the sun was high and the air was warm. I used a hood on the first dive and was great. But on the second dive I tried and got a little chill. So the hood was back on for the third and final dive of the day. When we got out after the 3rd dive the sun was starting set and wind had started to blow a little. So it was out of the wetsuit quick and in dry cloths.

A few of our group got together for supper at Joe's Crab shack and then drinks at a bar and grill on the river. Then about a few drinks we went to Cheatam Street Warehouse to have a few more drinks and played pool while we listened to some good music. I turned in a little before mid-night cause I was tired from the long day.

We were not to start until about 1000 so I got to sleep in but I was still up by 600. I had plenty of time to get to the Spring so I decided to get truck gased up so I wouldn't have to stop on the way home.

I get to the Spring about 930 thinking I would be the first person of our group but I was almost the last person to arrive. There was a good breeze so it was little chilly even with the bright sun. So we geared up and into the water. Both students did great with all their skills even with the one girl was a little cold even thou she had two wetsuits and a hooded vest. The water was great and alot of big Bass in the training area and tons of perch. I was told there were even a few turtle but I didn't get to see them. I was happy to get to take several photos.

I look for to get up there after the first of the year to take the Scientific course so I can dive in the lake. All and all it was a great weekend since I was able to get in the water since it has been 7 weeks.

Here is a link to a few photo:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=118994

Nice photos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom