Freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanSpirit

Reaction score
I know this is a SCUBA forum, but does anyone freedive? I know a lot of folks think freedivers are crazy but to be U/W without all the cumbersome gear is a real joy. What are the views on this sport?

I freedive, much better exercise than scuba and often more fun. I don't pay much attention to any scuba divers who think we're nuts (usually they're not capable of freediving) or to any freedivers who think breath hold diving is more pure or superior to using scuba.

I do some hunting while freediving but never on scuba.

Ralph

Excellent! A fellow freediver. I love it although the UK is not the best place to do it. I was in Greece last year and spent all week under water. Bliss!

Hi there!
I never tried but i would like to. i have a friend doing this on regular basis.
He told me that Greece is fantastic for free diving.
Can you indicate some internet resources about free diving?
Victor

The main Internet resource is the Freedivelist, which is a email server with roughly 600 freedivers subscribed. For info take a look at:

http://www.freediver.net/

Ralph

I have never freedived but would really like to learn. I have tried to find a local training club but have had no luck. Does anyone know of a training club either official or otherwise who operate in the north west of England ?

I would luv to get some freediving training. Being able to hold my breath underwater while skin diving is something that i really enjoy. Kevin i dont know of any freediving schools in Yorkshire or even England for that matter , sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom