Freediving Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
For anyone in Austin Texas or surrounding area. I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried freediving at Windy Point on lake travis. With the lake at 650 feet some of the underwater attractions are around 30 feet down (instead of their typical 60 feet down during regular, non-drought lake levels)

I'm looking to see if I can get a breath-hold diving partner to try and snap a pic or two of the boat wrecks. If any windy point scuba divers would be willing to spot for us (move a guide line to the wreck, make sure we don't drown etc) that would be appreciated as well. I'm on vacation week after next.

I've only dove at barton springs so far and have about a minute of bottom time and 2:10 of breath hold on land (I quit very easily for safety purposes, blackouts etc) but I think 31 feet would just be a jaunt further than 18 at the springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom