freediving fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My family and I freedive in the Keys every year and it's time I buy new fins. I've been looking at the long fins and don't know a whole lot about what is the best. Is there anyone with experience and advise? :rolleyes:

I am 5'7" with an average build and average to strong legs. Any recommendations? The stiff ones or the nonstiff ones?

Thanks! Kay

Go Cressi Gara 2000 with the stiff blade as you already have strong legs. I have used them for about 7 years and wouldn't trade em on any other fin for my spearing/freediving. In Australia the stiff blade is the black one, but you might want to double check at your LDS in case they have changed things for the American market.

Have a great time :)

The Cressi Gara2000's have been replaced now by the Gara3000, but as they're new, very few reviews exist. the Gara's are a great beginner fin, but many people I know (and myself) quickly out grew them.

Other issue with the gara fins - It has a non-replaceable blade. while this may not be a concern under light use, buying a new fin everytime you break a blade can get pretty costly

I still have an old set of Gara's I use for Dynamic Practice in the pool. Nice and soft blades, and I don't care if the tiles scratch them all to hell.

Willer

Back
Top Bottom