Free Scuba Basics Ebook or website ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a number of people coming to my wedding who are going to be doing Discovery Dives. A couple of them have asked about doing any pre-study, and I thought it might be useful if I could send them an ebook or to a website that has a good explanation of the basics. I figure it might actually sink in if they know about the basics before the morning of their first time underwater.

Does anyone know of any such legal resource?

(and yes I did try to get them to do an OW course at home first, but some people fail to take advice).

There are loads of videos on Youtube that show all the basics and everything a person will need...just do a quick search. I will post a link that connects to a 5 part PADI series. These videos are long and cover a lot, but I forget how specific they get, if there is something very specific you want to show them you can find it on Youtube in another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35ATFcibmk

If the goal is to get them certified then consider an e-learning program from one of the major certifying agencies. If they chose a program that is affiliated with a local dive shop they can do the e-learning, do the DSD and then go back to the local shop and finish up. SSI does offer their online course for free, so at least they can get the academics under their belt, remember if you go to a non SSI shop the training will help but will not count.

Thanks for the Video Link Larry. I have some doubts about their legality though...

Abyss - I tried to convince them all to do an OW course. I think about 4 of them did it in their local town. I still have about 8 people though who just want to do a DD. Where we are going there is only a single dive shop with 2 instructors (PADI) and a set of 2 DD's is $250 compared to around $400-$600 for an OW course in Aus. So while it makes no sense to me for them not do a course at home, many have chosen not to, and I'm trying to make it as easy for them, and for the dive shop as I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom