Free Parts for Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdcpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a real mess with my Free Parts for Life.

Can someone please give me information as to who to contact to attempt to straighten this mess out.

Basically we have head the gear serviced each year, but neither shop advised Scubapro that they were doing the annual service, so nothing shows up in Scubapro records, meaning I lost the Free Parts for Life program by following the rules, due to no fault of my own.

It is my fault that I did not recognize this issue earlier. I even paid for pasts at times in the past

So yes, I have contributed to the confusion.

But, I had it serviced each year in accordance with the policy.

Help anyone???

Thanks.

Just have it serviced every other year and you should come out with the same out of pocket expenses. Scubapro even changed their policy to every two years.

Please send myself or scubaproharry a PM and we will get you sorted out.

Happy Diving!

kateSCUBAPRO

I have a real mess with my Free Parts for Life.

Can someone please give me information as to who to contact to attempt to straighten this mess out.

Basically we have head the gear serviced each year, but neither shop advised Scubapro that they were doing the annual service, so nothing shows up in Scubapro records, meaning I lost the Free Parts for Life program by following the rules, due to no fault of my own.

It is my fault that I did not recognize this issue earlier. I even paid for pasts at times in the past

So yes, I have contributed to the confusion.

But, I had it serviced each year in accordance with the policy.

Help anyone???

Thanks.

Do not get too wound up over this, the free parts are only worth about $2-$3 total.

Rich:

I am getting charged over $75 per reg. for parts.

I wish it was only a $2-$ issue.

I can not help what you are getting charged but it is just a few O-rings and maybe a seat unless they are flipping over the one that is already there. Maybe more like $5 worth of parts the rest must be labor charges. It might be a good idea to look into another LDS.

PS: I do my own service so I know what O-rings cost. The seats are a little different story but not more then a few bucks.

Last edited:
a service kit for most scubapro regs cost between 8-20 dollars if you use scubapro parts thats the parts price :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom