Free parking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a load of nonsense over something so simple. But then again, if it was easy everyone would be doing it. :shakehead: Well, what do you guys do for parking in the area of Casa Mexicana? I can't be the only one who rents a car and then needs a place to put it at night. The idea of renting a spot behind the International Hospital is tempting, as I don't know if anything is closer. I did find out that they are ripping up that lot I previously parked in, for a new theater which is going in, and there is a lot of current construction around the waterfront to add to the mess. What fun! So, what do you guys think? By the way, many thanks to Christi and Don for their efforts.

Last edited:
It would have been nice if the hotel had responded to Christi by written message so one would have the answer in writing, but that having failed...

I did that, which would have been my original approach if I was renting a car and staying there.

Then you'd have the satisfaction of hearing from the horse's mouth. I like to add the name of my source when taking notes.

As I said, different horses tend to whisper different things in Mexico. Sometimes the same horse whispers different things on different days. In reality, the only horse that matters is the one you ask when you're standing at the counter asking where to park the car you have rented.

What a load of nonsense over something so simple. But then again, if it was easy everyone would be doing it. :shakehead: Well, what do you guys do for parking in the area of Casa Mexicana? I can't be the only one who rents a car and then needs a place to put it at night. The idea of renting a spot behind the International Hospital is tempting, as I don't know if anything is closer. I did find out that they are ripping up that lot I previously parked in, for a new theater which is going in, and there is a lot of current construction around the waterfront to add to the mess. What fun! So, what do you guys think? By the way, many thanks to Christi and Don for their efforts.

You're welcome.

The new cinema is already open, Cinemex opened last week.

The construction on the waterfront is also complete and open as normal as of a few days ago.

I have had further contact with my 'source' in Coz, and I am told that the hospital lot often closes at night, and the attendant is known to 'oversleep' and not open the lot in the morning for quite awhile, effectively trapping your car. But I am also told that parking is free along the waterfront from 5PM till 9AM, which pretty much solves the problem, at least for now. I will continue research, however, and will post a report after this is all over as to what transpired. Thanks for everyone's help.

As I said, different horses tend to whisper different things in Mexico. Sometimes the same horse whispers different things on different days. In reality, the only horse that matters is the one you ask when you're standing at the counter asking where to park the car you have rented.

So here is what the horse said this week in person. CM offers free parking at the lot between Tres Pelicanos and the hospital. You pay a $200 peso deposit for a laminated card that is your parking pass, deposit returned when you return the card. Be sure to tell the lot guy you are with CM. He has 5 special marked spaces for CM. If you just park in any space, you might be charged. See attached photos. Note it says outside normal parking lot hours you can get the gate key at the front desk of the hospital.

Yes, that's my green VW from Isis and my dive buddy.

IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG

I knew it had to be something like this. 200 peso deposit on the dash placard, eh? I think I can manage that. I will be renting from ISIS also, as a great many of us here usually do. Many thanks for your research, and it is one less thing to have to worry about. October 13 is getting closer!:rain:

Okay, here is how it worked out. I went to the desk at Casa Mexicana and asked for a dash permit, and they said "Oh, so sorry. We have given out all of our permits at this time already." Curses! Well, I got my car from ISIS, and went over to check things out. The lot was unlocked and gate wide open, and only a few cars in the lot. No one in attendance. I found the 5 slots marked for Casa Mexicana, and found only 2 cars in them. I parked there anyway. intending to deal with the operator the next day. I went back Sunday morning, and still no attendant, and gate still wide open. Now there was nobody in those slots except me. I went back to the hotel desk to check things out, and was told "Oh, we have one permit available now, which has a $10 US deposit on it, refundable when you check out." I grabbed it, and a good thing I did, because Monday morning the gate attendant was back and wanting his 100 peso fee. I had to show him the permit before he would back off. He has a kid working there also as attendant, and I had to go through this with him also. But now they know me and we have had no further problems. I have never seen that gate closed, and I am still the only one in the Casa Mexicana slots. I wonder where those other 4 permits went?

Don't leave the permit in the convertable. It may not be there the next day and you will be out $10 and 100 pesos. They probably lost the other 3 permits and not bothered how replace them.

Don't leave the permit in the convertable. It may not be there the next day and you will be out $10 and 100 pesos. They probably lost the other 3 permits and not bothered how replace them.
I never leave anything open or unlocked anywhere, but you make a good point. But who would leave a convertible (I never use them) open in a place which has that much rain??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom