Free parking at Back Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbirch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dived Back Beach on Saturday and chuckled at the row of headless parking meters looking like the opening scene from Cool hand Luke. It's been a while since I dived here so maybe this is all old news to some of you but the parking meters, that have been such a prominent feature of my many dives at this site, have all gone! Before we all get excited, I have to say that the parking fees have NOT gone. Rockport has gone all Hi Tech so now you have to download an App "Passport Parking" and register a credit card with the App and pay for your parking that way.
This Saturday, when I tried to use the system, it told me that parking charges are suspended until April 2022, so free parking all Winter!

BTW, diving Saturday was amazing. The ocean was as calm as a mill pond. Entered at high tide, easily 25-30ft of viz, 2 nice 40 min dives at 48F.

parking is free in rockport for the winter.

Back
Top Bottom