Free Entrance to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star Families

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I showed them a digital copy of my dd214 and VA statement showing a disability that comes right from the VA website.
Well, I have my DD-214. I might take that with me the next time I visit a NP and see if that alone will work. But since I have a lifetime pass already, it's not important.

APPROVED. Ok, that took less than a month. Printing and delivering will take more time, but I am encouraged.

Edit: A later email arrived saying the print order had been submitted so it should mail soon. The postal system is already suffering problems but maybe it'll be here in a few weeks.

Well, I have my DD-214. I might take that with me the next time I visit a NP and see if that alone will work. But since I have a lifetime pass already, it's not important.
I missed this.

Do you have an account on VA.gov?

You can print benefit letters etc from the comfort of your couch. It also allows you to apply for benefits and stuff. For all the suck the VA is, they allow alot to be done over the website.

I do now. I set that up doing this.
Its super helpful if you go to providers outside of the VA, because you can take your complete records from the VA in a pdf or printout from home.

I used it a bunch when I was going to school to submit my documents for verification etc and learn all about the different programs that are available.

Okay, so I noticed the big difference is my 8 years of service was in the Army National Guard, so I'm not qualified for VA benefits. I get the VA loan and stuff, but not any actual VA benefits. The VA ID card is something that is newly available to veterans like me, so maybe that is part of it.

As for the National Park, they were willing to sell me the annual pass using my DD214 and NGB 22, but they weren't able to do anything about getting an actual Veteran ID card, which is only available through the VA for veterans like me...

Five weeks start to finish. Not bad for government work. I wonder why they sent two cards?

2.jpg

I've not received any further emails...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom