Free Dive Log Pages- Download PDF HERE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link ^^^

Now I just have to find waterproof ink for my printer...

The site says the paper has excellent ink absorbtion. I have to think that if the paper is weatherproof and it is designed for ink jet printers, that it takes into account the normal properties of ink jet ink when wet. :idk:

Last edited:
The site says the paper has excellent ink absorbtion. I have to think that if the paper is weatherproof and it is designed for ink jet printers, that it takes into account the normal properties of ink jet ink when wet. :idk:

I just did some research concerning wp printing paper for some boat related issues. The ink-jet paper stated "some bleeding of the ink may occur if the paper gets wet".
So in a nutshell the paper is waterproof, but the ink will not retain if it gets wet.

However the laser paper I looked at did not carry the same label. We have been using laser printing on the boat (non-wp paper) for a number of years with pretty good results other then the paper wrinkling when it gets damp. We are going to try the wp laser paper. It retails for about 45 cents a sheet.

I have found that laser jet printing works really well and I bought a ream of waterproof HP paper. There are a number of papers available out there. Most stationary/office supply stores should be able to order it for you if they don't have any on hand. Write In The Rain is probably on the high end of cost.

Also the pages last longer than regular paper because they tend not to fold or crease, and the binder ring holes hold up better.

I just did some research concerning wp printing paper for some boat related issues. The ink-jet paper stated "some bleeding of the ink may occur if the paper gets wet".
So in a nutshell the paper is waterproof, but the ink will not retain if it gets wet.

However the laser paper I looked at did not carry the same label. We have been using laser printing on the boat (non-wp paper) for a number of years with pretty good results other then the paper wrinkling when it gets damp. We are going to try the wp laser paper. It retails for about 45 cents a sheet.

I have firsthand experience here. When I was new to diving I made my family a pre-dive checklist/briefing card on waterproof paper that we had made on an inkjet printer at a copy shop. It is still buried somewhere in my dive stuff as legible as the day it was printed.

Write In The Rain is probably on the high end of cost.

Yeah, we have that stuff here at our BX, but it's all either lined or grid format in notepads. A shame.
Thanks for the feedback on the laser printer (and to Herk who mentioned success with inkjet) - I'll try ordering some in the future from the waterproof-paper.com site linked above if I can't find any locally.

I have firsthand experience here. When I was new to diving I made my family a pre-dive checklist/briefing card on waterproof paper that we had made on an inkjet printer at a copy shop. It is still buried somewhere in my dive stuff as legible as the day it was printed.

Thanks for the real life testimonial. I couldn't quite figure out why they would make a waterproof paper that the ink would bleed from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom