Freds dive log 10-26-03 Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well this was one of the best days there yet. Water was like glass. Vis was OK about 5ft. Was with the same buddy that had all the problems last time. (the one that lost his mask) I met Mike from N.J. He dove with me the day before at Blue Grotto. He and Billy didn't wear there wet suits I told them they should. But no one listens. 45 min into the dive they were freezing. Met a girl from somewere up north that wanted to dive but had no flag so we let her dive with us. All went fine on the entery accept Billy Octo plus free flowed and he didn't say anything until we were out in the water. He started the dive with 2000 psi. We went in at the north side of the pier. We found more than 300 teeth the biggest one about 1.5 in. x 1.75 in. I let the people on vaction keep them all. I got enough at home. total dive time was 90min max depth 20 ft. came back with 1400 psi in my LP108 good SAC rate today. This was a very relaxing day. Nothing exciting happened

Anytime you want to go diving with me, just let me know. If you can, several of us are meeting Wednesday morning at the Alhambra site.

Durning the week I can't get away. But weekends are good.
Most times I have to plan around my training. But we will definatly get together soon.
We need to get you north to do some spring diving too.
Waters always 72 degrees. If I get you to stick you head in a hole in the ground you'd love it. Nothing complicated. It gets you blood pumping. Looking forward to meeting you someday.
Fred

I did my OW certs at devil's den and blue grotto, and liked it. I hope to get back to Blue Grotto to try the cavern portion and see if I like it.

I've been saving the springs until the gulf gets too cold, but would love to start getting up that way. I don't expect the gulf to be warm enough for more than another month.

I will go any weekend your ready.
I'm going to Ginnie this weekend to do a cave dive. I'm bringing the family to show them the ballroom afterwards. My daughter and son in law are newly certified. I have a couple more dives to do to complete my intro to cave course.
We're ging up with some freinds and having a pumkin carving contest in the ballroom. Your welcome to come. If not then we'll set something up another time.
Fred

for the dive report of Venice. Great job on finding all them teeth.

ReefGuy and I are always trying to get our schedules worked out and will make it for a dive there before the end of the year, This is my goal.

Glad you all had a good time and the visitors enjoyed themselves.

Wildbill:cop:

Its tough to coordinate all these work schedules into one good dive time, isn't it? I may get to throw down one dive at venice this month and one for sure at Peace River near the end of the month.

Sounds like it was a good day for finding teeth! 300 is quite a haul, but it appears you had the right eyes looking at the ground.. maybe we can toss down another venice beach gathering to make up for the stormy party a few months ago :D

I'm up for either day. Just let me know. The one thing you can bet on is if I say I'll be there ---I'll be there---
We ca go in at any location you guys want. It's all the same to me.:wink:

Fred,

Once again, thanx for the great dives. I really enjoyed the Blue Grotto, but had a blast collecting the shark teeth. In total, I think I walked away with 50 teeth. Most of them in good condition.

As for the cold water, I was fine until I took off my right-handed glove to get a better grasp on the teeth. For some odd reason, the cold water shot up through my hand... :)

With that said, I really want to say thank you. I may be comming up again in April... :)

BTW, now for the question. Where can I find out info on the teeth. Such as from what shark and more importantly, how old are they.... :)

--MichaelG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom