Freak Storm Sinks Liveaboard off Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please, read:
phuketwan.com/tourism/dive-asia-disaster-public-inquiry-essential/
Yes, I have proof that the tour 17.2.09 was overbooked
Furthermore I asked those question DIVE ASIA but did not receive an answer from them:
There are some very unclear, not saying strange, contradictions in DIVE ASIA’S given chronology, which I would – as a long term friend of one of the victims, as well as a yachtsmen who circumnavigated Australia, NZ and crossed the Indian ocean twice, as well as a participant of the Similan Tour 17.2.-22.2.09 on this vessel, like to be cleared up:
1. Did the vessel have an EPIRB?
2. If yes, when was the signal transmitted?
3. There was certainly a maritime radio on board. When was a distress signal received?
4. What authorities issued the master’s certificate of the captain of the sunk vessel?
5. Which shipyard built this seagoing vessel, which was supposed to carry safely guests from all over the world
6. When was the ship approved by the relevant authorities?
7. Due to the fact that DIVE ASIA runs a company which takes for a lot of money divers from all over the world, on those dive safaris, the sunk seagoing ship certainly had been insured with an internationally recognized insurance company. Which company? What had been the conditions to be met to cover eventually loss of the vessel, meaning construction, safety equipment etc.?
8. Is there or will be there an (international recognized) investigation in this tragic accident?

I very much appreciate honest answers and do not expect a cover up as it is usually done in Asia.

Hadodi,

What is your agenda? an axe to grind?

Whatever the agenda of Michael Beer aka hadodi (also see hadodi.com) is, he is trying to achieve his goals in an atrocious manner. His outrageous allegation of the MV Dive Asia 1 being 50% overbooked (30 instead of 20 customers) has been demented twice on Taucher.Net by another customer aboard the same trip.

For the one's that read German or are interested anyway. From taucher.net:

"Mein Name ist Frank Breu, ich war mit der DiveAsia vom 17.2. - 22.2. auf Safari.
Mittlerweile zum 2. Mal da es mir..., auch dieses Jahr, wieder sehr gut gefallen hat!
Das Boot war keinesfalls überbucht...! Die Tour die Guides und alles andere waren super! Dieses teilen übrigens auch alle anderen Teilnehmer bis auf "Herrn Professor im Ruhestand" Michael und seiner Frau!"

And from another Thread on taucher.net, since Mr. Michael Beer seems to jump on any opportunity to bring up his absurd allegations:

"Hallo...,
ich war auf der Safari SM 23 vom 17.2. - 22.2. mit der Dive Asia 1 unterwegs...!
Ich möchte klarstellen, dass das Boot nicht überbucht war...!
Auch ich gehörte zu denjenigen die auf dem Sonnendeck nächtigten... nicht, weil ich keinen Kabinenplatz mehr hätte nutzen können, sondern weil es einfach toll ist, draussen unterm Sternenhimmel zu schlafen! Erst recht bei den Temperaturen...!
Die Tour war toll..., alle Gäste waren zufrieden...!
Ich war schon zum 2. Mal zu Gast!
Die Art -und Weise wie Herr Beer hier auftritt ist unter aller Sau...!
Ich trauer um die Verunglückten und mit deren Angehörigen und wünsche DiveAsia alles Gute...!
Bezüglich der Anonymität! Mein Name ist Frank Breu aus Münster (Westfalen)."

:dork2:

I do not understand german, but I am someone that has dove with dive asia and I hold them in high regard.
It was very sad what happened, but I will dive with them whenever I am in Thailand. They go the extra mile to ensure everyone is safe and happy on thier trips.
I would like to more about Hadodi since he only shows up on this board to make his bull**it comments. It makes me wonder why people like him even want to post.

Wahrscheinlich kriegst du als claqeur fuer deinen naechsten trip einen bonus.

Dude, you are a troll, speak english and state your point.

Last edited:
what are you talking about. We know the number that was on the boat.

Last edited:
Nothing easier: Publish the passenger list and count the names+dive guides.

Now we are getting somewhere! Despite seeing himself as a professional and presenting himself as a dive shop operator, the poor soul does not seem to know the difference between guest and dive staff. It appears his laughable claim regarding an overbooking by 50% seems to result partly from the above described counting method. But instead of realizing the mistake and shutting his gob, he's hell bent on making an arse out of himself. :rofl3: :dork2:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom