Frameless mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Promate frameless. Bargain, and fits well. Word of caution; something about the glass causes fogging--at least with mine. I had to apply Starbrite Liquid Rubbing Compound. After the treatment, mask would defog all day with simple spit wash.

Love my Oceanic Shadow. Just got myself a second one.

Atomics frameless ..hands down ...I bought a second as my backup. A tank of gasoline is 75 bucks and lasts a week ..a 1/2 cart of groceries is 75 bucks and lasts four days... lunch at MC Donalds, Burger King, El Polo Loco, Carls Jr., Soup Plantation, your local deli ...is 8 bucks do it 5 days/week and your half way to a real mask like the Atomics frameless. I've owned just about every type and can tell you one thing and one thing only ...Atomics Frameless!!!

Thanks for putting the price in perspective :D 75 bucks will also buy a bra and pair of underwear at Victoria's Secret. Which thing is of more value? :rofl3:

Okay, on a serious note, it seems that the frameless mask is the way to go because you may be able to get a more customized fit. I have a question though: will it travel better than conventional framed masks?:confused:

I will consider purchasing a frameless mask as a backup(for travel perhaps), 'Victoria' may just have to wait.

Also a big fan of the Atomic frameless mask. No issues with leaking or clearing once properly adjusted the first time. Haven't had to worry about it since and love the view!

First, there aren't that many mask manufacturers and most "name brand" models are made by the same factories that make the knockoffs.
A good point, worth considering. I will add the ScubaMax Frameless to the mix - very comfortable, either shallow or at depth, and no issues with leaks or fit, at least for me. Bought one as a back-up for tec, and use it as a primary as often as a back-up. And, it looks remarkably like the SP - go figure.

A good point, worth considering. I will add the ScubaMax Frameless to the mix - very comfortable, either shallow or at depth, and no issues with leaks or fit, at least for me. Bought one as a back-up for tec, and use it as a primary as often as a back-up. And, it looks remarkably like the SP - go figure.

I own the Scubapro Frameless 2 and I love it. I will agree I think the Scubamax is nearly identical and could even be made on the same molds. My local shops sells both and looking at them the only difference I can see is in the strap and the silicone itself. I think even if they are made on the same molds, the Scubapro is probably using a higher grade silicone, it definitely looks and feels better. It also didn't seem _that_ expensive to me... when I bought it it was well under $100 canadian, something like $75.

You can get the Scubamax for $29.

I zoned out after bra and underwear comment. What are we talking about again?

Yeah, I appologize. I just thought I'd add a little humor to this thread. :blinking:

I have the Atomic frameless mask. Best mask I owned so far! I have had it for about 14 months. The seal around the face started to degrade so I called Atomic and they said just return it to the shop you bought it from and they will exchange it. Brought it back to Beach City scuba and they gave me a new one - no questions asked. Very good customer service :D Sometimes spending a little more has some advantages!

Back
Top Bottom