Fourth Element Drysuit Glove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone used the neoprene, Fourth Element Drysuit Glove Liners? Any Opinion? How is dexterity? My hand freeze in the cold quarry waters with the fleece liners I currently use. I use Neoprene socks in my drysuit for my feet & they keep them toasty. Any comparison?
glove-liners.jpg

Several of the divers I dive with use them, wet and dry, and really like them. One diver had a leak in his dry glove and his hand got cold but not as cold as a regular liner would have been.

I'm liking them so far. I have about 20 dives with them in 42 degree water.
I was going to buy an extra set of fleece liners and cut the finger tips out but decided to give the FE a try.
I did notice a change in dexterity, but my fleece liners were pretty thin. Didn't take long to adjust.

I love them. Only downside is that since I have somewhat high body temp and therefor sweaty hands, they tend to get smelly (so more often cleaning)

I use them on every dive. If it's warmer water and I don't wear my drygloves, they are my wetgloves. I have had them down to 42 degrees and been fine. I do recommend buying 2 pair. Somehow you will always get the first pair wet. Whether it's sweat, bad job seating your drygloves, water on them taking off drygloves(after the dive), or whatever. There has been a lot of times I had to loan them out as someone forgot theirs. I would go with 2 pair, and swap them after each dive :wink: That way, you are won't have a wet or damp dryglove on the second dive which will keep your hands warmer. While you're on dive 2, let the first pair dry in the sun and they are ready for dive 3 and so on.

I used to get cold wearing these in about 45 degree water. I have put on a little baby weight after our daughter which probably helped, but I also use their Wrist warmer with them now....Most comfortable my hands have ever been with the combo.

I use them on every dive. If it's warmer water and I don't wear my drygloves, they are my wetgloves. I have had them down to 42 degrees and been fine. I do recommend buying 2 pair. Somehow you will always get the first pair wet. Whether it's sweat, bad job seating your drygloves, water on them taking off drygloves(after the dive), or whatever. There has been a lot of times I had to loan them out as someone forgot theirs. I would go with 2 pair, and swap them after each dive :wink: That way, you are won't have a wet or damp dryglove on the second dive which will keep your hands warmer. While you're on dive 2, let the first pair dry in the sun and they are ready for dive 3 and so on.

I used to get cold wearing these in about 45 degree water. I have put on a little baby weight after our daughter which probably helped, but I also use their Wrist warmer with them now....Most comfortable my hands have ever been with the combo.

Thank you much. My LDS just became a dealer & I ordered a set to try out. In the quarry waters (42 degrees), my hands become VERY cold after about 20- 30 min on my rebreather.

In my opinion, they are amaze-balls. I had a glove leak once (50° F water probably, so not that cold) and I didn't know until I look my dry gloves off, and noticed that one hand was wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom