Four European divers missing - Mersing, Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which SAR has night vision capabilities & are able to operate at night in all weather conditions and have FLIR?

Only Singapore.
Well in that case the message can be broadcasted to all boats in the vicinity (commercial boats - those that have VHF) to look for the SOS pattern and not shy away from it. When all you have is hope, it’s better than nothing.
PS - nothing was implied about dictating terms to SAR, It is assumed to be best effort.

"The search operation is currently being carried out by a joint team including the Indonesian Navy, the Marine Security Agency, the Riau Marine Police and the Bintan Fishermen’s Association...."

Indonesia continues to search and its good to involve the fishermen association. Past cases show its fishermen who rescued/found missing divers. Hopefully they will find the body.

Well in that case the message can be broadcasted to all boats in the vicinity (commercial boats - those that have VHF) to look for the SOS pattern and not shy away from it. When all you have is hope, it’s better than nothing.
PS - nothing was implied about dictating terms to SAR, It is assumed to be best effort.

Think you need to scroll back & read previous discussions. You are creating your own version of how you want a SAR op to be conducted in yoir mind. Ignoring the realities of the South Chika Sea.

Good luck,

"The search operation is currently being carried out by a joint team including the Indonesian Navy, the Marine Security Agency, the Riau Marine Police and the Bintan Fishermen’s Association, he said."

Indonesia continues to search and its good to involve the fishermen association. Past cases show its fishermen who rescued/found missing divers. Hopefully they will find the body.

Hope they fo find the young lad,

🙏🙏

Think you need to scroll back & read previous discussions. You are creating your own version of how you want a SAR op to be conducted in yoir mind. Ignoring the realities of the South Chika Sea.

Good luck,
Not sure what you are reading into my post. My advice - Find yourself something better do … you seem to be under the impression that you “own” this thread and only views you agree with can be expressed here…

Not sure what you are reading into my post. My advice - Find yourself something better do …

Yea you have fun with your version of a SARS op. 😎

Just get the PLB once. The battery is good for 7 years.

Say you dive 100 times / year. A PLB1would cost you < $0.50 / dive for a peace of mind. Is that too expensive of a dive insurance for saving your life?

RESCUEME PLB1 Personal Locator Beacon - USA Programmed

Just get the PLB once. The battery is good for 7 years.

Say you dive 100 times / year. A PLB1would cost you < $0.50 / dive for a peace of mind. Is that too expensive of a dive insurance for saving your life?

RESCUEME PLB1 Personal Locator Beacon - USA Programmed
I posted this question in another thread - can you de-register then register your PLB for each country you dive in? This thread said the local SAR only accept registrations from serial no. belonging to its country Reprogramming PLBs

Would compulsory SMBs for every diver help with this? I know that in the canaries, every single diver (even DSDs) need to carry a SMB with them. Perhaps one of the skills for OW now should be on how to use a SMB...

I posted this question in another thread - can you de-register then register your PLB for each country you dive in? This thread said the local SAR only accept registrations from serial no. belonging to its country Reprogramming PLBs
You register a PLB in your home country only. Government SAR worldwide can access the registration information. Distress alerts are sent to your home country and to the country who is responsible for SAR management in the area the distress alert is coming from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom