Found underwater camera at Yucab dive site Feb 8, 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Found an underwater camera today at Yucab at about 55'. If you think it's yours, message me make/model/serial, or where the pictures were taken or any other details of pictures on the camera. Lets get this back to you.

The lanyard is broken, so you might not have even known you lost it until you got back on the boat.

Help me reunite the camera with it's owner...

Cross posted to Cozumel 4 You (facebook), Trip Advisor, and Scubaboard (lost/found/stolen)

Jeff

Could it be this one?

GoPro Lost on Cozumel Dive at End of Tormentos Reef

We know this is a long shot, but we were diving Tormentos Reef in Cozumel on December 31, 2015 and dropped our Go Pro Hero 4 Silver at the end of the dive when we were getting back on the boat. We have heard that sometimes they are "recovered" (even months later) - in the event that anyone from ScubaBoard finds the camera, which has videos of our golden doodle running on a path near the water and then videos and photos from our two dives the day we lost it, we would LOVE to get it back. Please private message us.​

Could it be this one?

We know this is a long shot, but we were diving Tormentos Reef in Cozumel on December 31, 2015 and dropped our Go Pro Hero 4 Silver at the end of the dive when we were getting back on the boat. We have heard that sometimes they are "recovered" (even months later) - in the event that anyone from ScubaBoard finds the camera, which has videos of our golden doodle running on a path near the water and then videos and photos from our two dives the day we lost it, we would LOVE to get it back. Please private message us.​
Unlikely. Unknown to you s/he said on another board that the battery as still good and the camera was still operable, so it was a fairly recent drop.

Could it be this one?

Sorry, not a GoPro.

This was lost within a few hours of me finding it as it was still powered on. I looked through all of the pictures and didn't find anything helpful for identifying who it is or what're they're staying.

After this though, I think the first picture I take on vacation with a camera will be my name, address, phone number and e-mail address along with "reward if found and returned to owner".

I have numerous GoPro cameras, and cleaned out my local BestBuy when they had the Floaty Backdoors on clearance a few or two ago for under $10..

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom