Found knife @ Les Davies Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deagua

New
Reaction score
Found a Wenoka dive knife on Sat 10/6/07 while diving there at Les Davies Park in Tacoma. From Eugene OR and dive shop there (Lighthouse?) didn't seem to know what to do with my question of "if I found a knife, do you guys take it in?"

Just wondering if someone out there is honest in terms of being able to id what color the knife would be/approx how long the blade/handle and about when they would have lost it....I just know one time I lost a BC weight pouch and someone returned to the local dive shop instead of keeping, hoping to do the same if someone is looking for their lost item...

It's not my knife, but I think it's awesome of you to try and find the owner.

On a separate note - How'd you like the Les Davis Park?

Les Davis, in my experience, is a very hit-or-miss site. Because it's not very current-swept, it tends to be silty. And the river brings in fresh water and particulates after any rain, so the site can have a very opaque surface layer (although it often opens up at depth). Navigation is easy, and the features of interest are at modest depth (generally less than 70 feet). Entry is simple since the Washington Scuba Alliance built the very nice concrete steps.

Wolf eels and octopus can be seen here, but in general, the density and variety of sea life isn't terribly exciting, at least on the dives I've done there. But my California guests last weekend certainly felt otherwise!

But my California guests last weekend certainly felt otherwise!

My first dive in WA south of Deception Pass was at LD last week.

Unreal. Beautiful. So much to see, great structure, lovely dive. Excellent viz, great facilities, close parking, etc. I loved the dive. Some pics from the dive below.

Full dive reports here at The Dive Matrix - Scuba Diving Forums, Articles & Travel Directory

---
Ken

Les Moonves pix

Full PNW Diving Gallery can be seen here on The Dive Matrix - Scuba Diving Forums, Articles & Travel Directory

It's not my knife, but I think it's awesome of you to try and find the owner.

On a separate note - How'd you like the Les Davis Park?
Whew! the week's flown by, figured I better answer before something else comes up :wink:
Anyway, as someone answered before me, I can see where this dive site is hit & miss. Personally, I know, as I tried to dive this site back in March, and it was well brown like chocolate milk......and that's what I am used to back home, when I get desperate for crabbing....

So needless to say, to be able to come up here and be able to dive it, with 40-45 foot viz, and with the 5 of us girls (2nd time it was 6 girls) being able to dive and keep track of each other effortlessly, while on the hunt for octopus etc. was very cool :)

We wish we had a site like this in Florence OR for our Open Water classes....

On another note, can the pictures that were posted on this thread, be made smaller, believe it or not, I still have dial-up, and the size of the pics are causing the page to take a lot longer to load...or even a link where they can be linked/viewed

Thanks!

Whew! the week's flown by, figured I better answer before something else comes up :wink:
Anyway, as someone answered before me, I can see where this dive site is hit & miss. Personally, I know, as I tried to dive this site back in March, and it was well brown like chocolate milk......and that's what I am used to back home, when I get desperate for crabbing....

So needless to say, to be able to come up here and be able to dive it, with 40-45 foot viz, and with the 5 of us girls (2nd time it was 6 girls) being able to dive and keep track of each other effortlessly, while on the hunt for octopus etc. was very cool :)

We wish we had a site like this in Florence OR for our Open Water classes....

On another note, can the pictures that were posted on this thread, be made smaller, believe it or not, I still have dial-up, and the size of the pics are causing the page to take a lot longer to load...or even a link where they can be linked/viewed

Thanks!

Here's a link to the pics that is much more dial-up friendly.

Thanks

Ken

The Gathering (October 2007 - Seattle Dives) - The Dive Matrix Galleries

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom