Found: i-Torch Video Pro 4 Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
On a recent dive here in Thailand I found an i-Torch Video Pro 4 dive light. It looks to have been under water for several months and is coated with the expected marine life. However, the interior looks pristine and was bone dry. The battery looks brand new, but is fully discharged so I am unable to test the light itself. The switch seems to work and shows not the slightest bit of damage or corrosion.

If you lost this torch please PM me with some sort of proof of ownership/purchase along with the precise dive site where it was lost. I'll figure out how to get it back to you.

That's the spot. Please PM me with contact info for your friend.

torch.jpg

Last edited:
It was pretty much buried in the sand at about 22 meters. Only the back end stuck out. I thought it was a piece of pipe at first. When I disturbed it a bit the lanyard and swivel hook appeared. I mainly brought it to the surface because I thought the swivel hook might be of use.

If you want, I can just mail it to you and you can decide how best to return it to the owner.

Will send you a PM

---------- Post added July 1st, 2014 at 08:50 AM ----------

It was only a day old! We searched a lot but could only get on there in strong current, thought it was lost to the 'hole' lol

Will send you a PM

---------- Post added July 1st, 2014 at 08:50 AM ----------

It was only a day old! We searched a lot but could only get on there in strong current, thought it was lost to the 'hole' lol

Amazing. That was lost in May of last year. Really thought it was lost forever

Mark, are you the owner?

Amazing that it was found, but also amazing that the owner was found. I figured it probably belonged to a tourist, long gone. I really didn't think I'd get a response from the Scuba Board Thailand posting.

Yes I am the owner, even found my receipt glad I ordered it online. Lost it the first time out on a twilight dive before a night dive. We went looking for it again the next day but a ripping current in sidemount screwed up our search. I am currently in South Africa working. We will make a plan

Back
Top Bottom