'Foul play' blamed for Kauai monk seal death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L

Lopaka

I am up for some target practice using the bastard that did this:

Pregnant female called 'important part of the breeding community'

A Hawaiian monk seal killed Thursday on Kaua'i's north shore was a pregnant female who had previously given birth to four pups, according to NOAA Fisheries.
Advertisement

Witness accounts suggest the 600-pound monk seal, known to NOAA researchers as RK06, was shot to death, but federal officials would say only that the endangered marine mammal died as a result of "foul play."

A necropsy on the monk seal was conducted yesterday, and NOAA Fisheries spokeswoman Wende Goo said no further details were being released because the killing is under investigation.

"Foul play" by humans also is blamed for the death of a 4-year-old male monk seal found dead on a Kaua'i beach April 19, according to Goo.

'Foul play' blamed for Kaua'i monk seal death | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

Last year some @sshole hacked up Honey Girl, now this. There are some sick creeps out there..............:shakehead:

I will never understand how people can be so cruel. This is very sad.
I hope they catch the people or person responsible and prosecute to
the fullest extent of the law. :depressed:

I will never understand how people can be so cruel. This is very sad.
I hope they catch the people or person responsible and prosecute to
the fullest extent of the law. :depressed:

Good luck with that prosecuting to the fullest extent of the law. Hawaii judges have sentenced two child molesters to a grand total of two years in prison in the past two years.

This is freaking ridiculous. I tried to help NOAA on the first on as we saw I19 quite abit in the kamakani area. And we heard gun shots on the boat no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Asking around to the fishermen in the area nobody seemed to know anything. The punishment for this needs to be the same as murder. And obviously they are gonna have to spend some money and put someone here on kauai whos soul job is to catch this foul jerk, put all the monk seal people on high alert.
This is 2 seals in 2 months now! NOAA needs to do something quickly!

Here is the link about the first one I19 when you get to the last page it has the article
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hawaii-ohana/269587-monk-seal-pic.html

Wow, thanks for posting this. It's very sad that there are people out there that could do such a thing.

I hate to be the one to point this out but there are far worse people in the world then the person that did this. More importantly is it just a fisherman tired of the seal stealing his catch or scaring the fish away? or is it something far worse. trust me when I say this is not the type of person you want to have an unexpected encounter with. so you shore divers over there be extra careful.if you do see something act like you didnt, play it cool get out of there and call the cops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom