forum skin change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Questions

#1 What do you like about the Classic Style?

#2 Advertising will be integrated in the Classic Style. What kind of advertising would you prefer? (Please note: None is not the right answer)

Questions

#2 Advertising will be integrated in the Classic Style. What kind of advertising would you prefer? (Please note: None is not the right answer)

It might not be the answer that you want but...

I don't want the ads! I thought that my scubaboard supporter status would allow me to opt out of ads but it doesn't seem to be the case. I can understand why we shouldn't complain about ads when we get the content for free but when we donate for the cause we should be able to nix the ads.

My biggest complaint with the ads is how slow the board has become. It seems to take forever to load a page nowadays. Its so slow at times that its just too painful to be here.

I don't want the ads! I thought that my scubaboard supporter status would allow me to opt out of ads but it doesn't seem to be the case. I can understand why we shouldn't complain about ads when we get the content for free but when we donate for the cause we should be able to nix the ads.
AFAIK, you should not be seeing ads, which ads do you see?

Well... at the top of the page on the main forum page there is always an add. And then there's the pirate thing to the left... I guess that's a banner and not an add.

I don't know... maybe there's another reason why things are so slow. But often I see that the page is waiting to load a distant url.

Well... at the top of the page on the main forum page there is always an add.
Yep, that's the exception to the rule (event banner). It cannot be bought, you can only use it for an event where ScubaBoardians will be present.

And then there's the pirate thing to the left... I guess that's a banner and not an add.
Yep, no company is profiting from that banner. It's just an image. If more Supporting Members don't like it, we can just remove it.

Maybe I'm blaming the wrong thing... I'm not a computer guru.

For some reason the problem is much worse at work. Loading pages from SB takes forever while TDS just zips right in. Does that make any sense?

For some reason the problem is much worse at work. Loading pages from SB takes forever while TDS just zips right in. Does that make any sense?
It would suggest another problem. Interesting.

OK... sorry about the misunderstanding. I can certainly understand the need for ads.

Questions

If you must put ads on, that's not a big issue. What really bugs me is the vertical banner on the left which makes the rest of the screen narrower, resulting in a lot more horizontal scrolling. Put them in at the top, if it is really necessary.

If you must put ads on, that's not a big issue. What really bugs me is the vertical banner on the left which makes the rest of the screen narrower, resulting in a lot more horizontal scrolling. Put them in at the top, if it is really necessary.

Same here.

Back
Top Bottom