Forum Record for Most Years Past Between Dives: Poll

How many years is the longest you have gone in between dives. AKA time off from diving.

• 10 years or less

• More than 10 years, less than 15 years

• More than 15 years, less than 20 years

• More than 20 years, less than 25 years

• 25 years or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelGas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We all know that life, family or work can get in the way of diving. Feel free to comment as you choose or if you don’t fit into one of the below categories. We will crown a Scuba Board winner.

8 years for me. These children take up too much spare time when they are younger lol

25 years. Life happens. Some regrets, but not many. I’ve been back to for 7 years and loving every dive.

Erik

23 years, 1999-2022.

So 22 years. Yes live happens. I'd have loved to continue to dive, but not diving was the right way to put priorities. In fact I'd have preferred to continue having that higher priority, being free to dive again due to the death of a loved one is a very mixed feeling.

About 16 yrs, 2003-2019. Got back into it when my son got certified.

Wow, and here I thought my 8 years was a really bad and excessive surface interval...

I remember the last dive as we handed my daughter over to another boat in her child carrier while the wife and I splashed. The diving and the boat use went on pause after that. Been back at it for 13 years, and have a diving family.

Been told I'm a better person when I am diving and boating...

Longest I ever went not diving was about a year back in 1979-1980. But I have lots of years where I barely did any diving due to work/kids/family/injuries.

But living in Ft Lauderdale, even when I cant get out scuba diving, I get out regularly free diving off the beach. So I still get wet. Sucks to live in paradise a mile from the beach and reefs!

7 years for me. 0 dives done between my first OW cert (1990) and my second (1997). Since then it's been more or less consistent. Few dives per year in the early years, more so recently.

Almost 21 years. Discover dive on honeymoon in Cozumel in 1997, and wanted to get certified "sometime soon" after. Then moves, job changes, kids, and other life happened. Finally got certified with my son in 2018.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom