Fort Wetherill Clumsiness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I offered RIO's computer to the Bull Point God. It is always better to sacrifice gear from someone else !

Yep, mother's day last year. I was taking my mom out for the day so I couldn't dive. Right before I left I got this desperate call from Ed, "Hey! I forgot my computer and regulator! I am right down the road, can I borrow yours!" So I said yes.

Later in the day I got another call from Ed, "So I have some bad news!" :11:

However, he did pay me back for it so I had to forgive him. :D

Nice to hear everyone understands the apeasing of the gods.

Me and my buddy went down the slope off the island trying to reach 105. We got to 103 and headed back up. Boy was it clear but as black as nite. The cliffs drop to about 90ft and the rest slops down to 103 to 105.

I insist on a good light and a backup light in that area especially to maintain visuals with your dive buddy. And also expect a reverse or saw tooth profile if exploring the boulders.

We usually anchor our flag in the gap next to the north side of the island and retrieve it on the way back.

If seperated always make your way up the slope touching the rocks to avoid an ascent in the boat zone. You want to be as close to the cliff as possible. A free ascent will most likely put you 50 to 100 yards off the island. The base od the island goes quite a ways out from what is visible on the surface.

If you have a silt-out in a strong current, hold on and let the current clear things up. Don't drift with the current during a silt-out as a buddy seperation is likely.

Straight in to the coves is 5 ticks to the right of north I believe. If you make it to 50ft of just sand (no rocks in sight), you are most likely at the mouth of one of the coves.

I had the flag with me. What was I supposed to do with it? My flag has quite a bit of buoyancy, and I can't make myself negative enough to "drag it with me".

I had two choices, either abandon the flag or turn the dive. I chose to keep the flag, since there wasn't really any reason to be down there anyway.

Some guys dive overweight enough to take the flag down with them. Maybe that's what he was talking about?

I offered my wife to the beavertail god.. unfortunatly, she too was spit out onto the rocks as well. Oh well, I kind of like my dive buddy..

Back
Top Bottom