Fort walton dive charter recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KevinHoward

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi All,

Looking for some advise for dive charter operators in the Ft Walton Florida area. I am going down that way late February on business and thought about taking a day or two to explore the water some. So, thoughts of who is good and who to stay away from?

Thanks,

Kevin

Destin: ScubaTech runs a boat called the Sea Cobra, and an independent operator runs a boat call the Miss Teak Everything is pretty close-in around Destin, so the rides are short and the trips are a few bucks cheaper (last time I checked). There's a decent shore dive there, but I'd truck it to Panama City or Pensacola for better shore dives. Offshore (boat) diving is very nice, and I'm planning to do more diving there this season.

Pensacola: H2O Below (boat), Dive Pros (shop) MBT (shop) all run good operations. The trips are longer out of Pensacola, and therefore a few bucks more for gas, but you do have stuff like the USS Oriskany to dive there. If you're not familiar with the Oriskany, I'll tell you that it's best to dive Nitrox with a 100cft tank to get your money's worth. I've done maybe six dives there within recreational limits, and I find something new and exciting each time I dive it.

I agree with Hetland...I think Scuba Tech is your best bet for charters in Destin. If you can't get a charter to work, drop me a PM and maybe we can find a shore dive or spring in the area to dive.

The Destin jetties aren't a bad shore dive either! As long as you like long walks in sand while wearing scuba gear and strong currents :)

I appreciate the references and will get with scuba tech to check them out. I have had a few PM's about Emerald Coast Scuba. Any input?

Glen, I wold love to take you up on your offer if nothing is available. :)

Emerald Coast Scuba isn't bad either. I've done both, i prefer the Sea Cobra, but the shop at ECS seems to be better stocked. You can't go wrong either way.

Scuba Tech in Destin is my Top Shop in the area. I've been out on the Sea Cobra with Scuba Tech a couple of times and had an Awesome Time!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom