Fort Pickens Jetties and USS Massachusettes 1-12-8 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey check it out, it's Gary's boat on acid :D.

068_-_Copy.JPG

I hate the green tint all the pictures get. Does anyone know of a filter or a way to fix that? I am new to this underwater picture taking. I got some of them cleaned up enough to post but even with the flash, the green tint was always there.

First buy some editing software like photoshop 5.0 or better. If you play with the hue you can turn those green backgrounds into blue. In adobe photo shop 5.0 you can do this by moving the hue button to the left or right, it simply takes about a second to get rid of that pesky green background.

THis picture of bugman is not good due to that fact that I was too far away for the viz, but it is a good example. This is before playing with the hue button

0961.JPG

Now this is the same picture after about one second of editing with the hue button.

0962.JPG

I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 and have played with some of those features. But, I was trying to find a way to change some settings on my camera to avoid the green background, and to start with pictures that have much less to fix. I guess without upgrading to a more expensive camera that isn't going to happen.

I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 and have played with some of those features. But, I was trying to find a way to change some settings on my camera to avoid the green background, and to start with pictures that have much less to fix. I guess without upgrading to a more expensive camera that isn't going to happen.

If you want to buy a red filter, it'll help alot for those pictures that are a bit too far off for your strobes to bring in natural colored light. You don't want to use the red filter for closeup stuff that the strobes will handle light on though.

I think I am going to look in to the red filter. Have done a little reading on that. I know the answer is to get more light on the subject. Of course the problem is that in poor visibility water, that is sometimes impossible unless I am close to the subject. My strobe does have the ability to set the strobe to higher and lower output. But, after about 5 feet of water between your strobe and the suject, it doesn't help much. I am going to keep working with it....practice makes perfect. Saturday was only the second time I used it in low visibility. The first time I used it was at Morrison with unlimited visibility....took some great pictures that day. But, taking pictures at Morrison when it is crystal clear is no challenge at all....except when you are taking pictures in the cavern.

If you want to buy a red filter, it'll help alot for those pictures that are a bit too far off for your strobes to bring in natural colored light. You don't want to use the red filter for closeup stuff that the strobes will handle light on though.

Guys, I'm up for a USS Mass / Ft. Pickens trip, no sweat... heck, I keep on thinking about braving it in the 14' rubber boat one of these days (only to ft. pickens).

Shag - your boat would be plenty for the Mass on a day with calm seas. Hell, my 10' is enough, its only a mile offshore.

SBM I'm up for a trip anytime you got the free time to do it and the seas agree. I'd like to maybe take both boats out as a safety if that's possible. I have all the CG required items for inshore, but haven't invested in a marine radio yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom