Fort Pickens Jetties and USS Massachusettes 1-12-8 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report. The schedule impaired boss is still goofing with my schedule so I'm not sure what's going on yet. I'm working on getting a set schedule from her so I can plan some dives. I'm missing out on some good stuff!

Wow!! You all had quite an adventure. Looks like alot of fun!! Just what did you do to provoke that starfish Mat? :wink: And Paul, you looked like you were about to turn into a block of ice topside :D. Great pics Walter and Glen!! I would love to go to the Mass with you guys also. I may have to wait until the water warms up a few degrees though.

Unfortunately, my camera will not do RAW...I wish it did. Also, the white balance feature only lets me choose whether I am using flash, I have not found a way to set it other than that. I know more expensive cameras will let you reset it under the water by pointing it at the sand or a white card. I have a Kool Pix and it is pretty basic. I have a pretty good strobe (Ikelite D51) but just need to continue to figure out how to use it in low light situations like the dive on Saturday. When there is plenty of light the camera takes great pictures....but then again I guess most cameras do.

I saw the program you suggested for resizing images in bulk and downloaded that last night. It works great! That will save me some time for sure.

You need to adjust your white balance while underwater or shoot in RAW and adjust it later.

Are you still in town Halftime?
Yeah, still haven't found out about the class so I'm not sure for how long. I still need a thicker wet suit so I'm in a hold pattern for the colder water but we do need to get to the springs and the 3 mil will work for that.

On Saturday I wore my 5mm suit with a hood. After our first dive at Ft. Pickens, when I got out...my hands hurt from the cold. I just have reef gloves. I was cold on that dive, but not enough to call the dive. I did notice it killed my SAC rate though. The second dive on the USS Mass. was MUCH better as far as temperature. The low 60's water temperature seems to be my limit with the 5mm. Next time I will layer my 1mm skin underneath it and see if that helps.

Yeah, still haven't found out about the class so I'm not sure for how long. I still need a thicker wet suit so I'm in a hold pattern for the colder water but we do need to get to the springs and the 3 mil will work for that.

I bought a core piece that is 5 mil that fits between my 1 mil and 3 mil. It was only $100.00 but it is amazing how much it adds to your comfort level. That gives you a core mil of 9 and arms and legs of 4....when combined with a hood and boots it does quite nice in 50 or above water temp.

Just what did you do to provoke that starfish Mat? :wink:

It was a totally unprovoked attack! :11:

Right on, I guess its time to start planning a spring adventure then huh? :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom