Fort Myers Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This looks like fun is there anyone planning on attending this event this year?

2009 Taste of the Beach

Shrimp, ribs and decadent desserts are just the beginning of the goodies you'll find at this food-centric celebration on Sunday, June 21.

1241115140.61_lowres_sm.jpg

Robert Sweesy, right, and his son Austin, 10, serve up food from Miceli's Italian Restaurant at a recent Taste of the Beach.
The 14th annual Taste of the Beach in Fort Myers Beach serves up a flavorful sampling of the area's best cuisine, from signature seafood dishes to innovative, ethnic-infused creations.

The beach town pulls out all the culinary stops for the June 21 celebration, which is sponsored by the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce. About 15 to 20 local restaurants and more than 8,000 attendees participate each year.

During the event, restaurants face off in cooking and service staff competitions. Each restaurant sets up a booth to sell its specialties of the house. Revelers can graze and nosh their way around party headquarters along Main Street near Salty Sam's Marina on Fort Myers Beach savoring local delicacies offered by the island's top purveyors of fresh and fabulous fare.

Judges select winners in categories including seafood, appetizer, pizza, ribs, dessert and ethnic food, and festival attendees cast their votes in the People's Choice runoff for best restaurant. There's also an entertaining waiter-waitress obstacle course.

Live bands entertain throughout the six-hour event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. There are also exhibitors and fun activities for children. Admission price will be announced. Proceeds help support the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce and are contributed to other local causes, including the town's Fourth of July fireworks display.

Parking is available along Main Street and at Summerlin Square Shopping Center with transportation to the party site. For more information on Taste of the Beach, call the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce at 239-454-7500 or visit www.fmbchamber.org.

There are several "Taste of the...." (Beach/Islands/Town. etc.) events in the area every year. I haven't attended one in years (decades, really), but did have fun when I used to go. Are you planning to come up for this one?

You are welcome to come to St Lucie County and I can give you a tour of the Taste of 900 Rock Road
19645012_1529eb1e17.jpg

Actually we have a few events here every year. THe tickets are around $60.00 if I rememeber correctly. Ft Laud and Orlando have these sort of things EVERY weekend. One of the things I miss but I love being the second car in line at the read light. Someone waving me out onto US Hwy 1 using all their fingers. Going to DMV and being next in line...

There are several "Taste of the...." (Beach/Islands/Town. etc.) events in the area every year. I haven't attended one in years (decades, really), but did have fun when I used to go. Are you planning to come up for this one?

I was thinking of going looks like it could be fun. One day their and two at Venice beach at some hotel so I can hunt some teeth with the boys.
How far away is Venice from Fort Myers again?

You are welcome to come to St Lucie County and I can give you a tour of the Taste of 900 Rock Road
19645012_1529eb1e17.jpg

:signofcross: Dear Heavenly Father please bless me as I eat this food that has been served to me. Please don't let me :vomit: as I know I should be thankful. But Dear Lord you know I will have to retaliate come Friday Night At The Kawama's Beach Party:eyebrow: :rofl3: :Kissy: And one more thing Lord please let me have plenty of Tums in my medicine cabinet :rofl3:

JoyfulLee:
Is there any good diving around Ft. Myers?

There's great diving in the area, but until you get more experience, I'd recommend passing it by.

speargirl:
How far away is Venice from Fort Myers again?

Approximately an hour.

There's great diving in the area, but until you get more experience, I'd recommend passing it by.

Walter- I'm somewhat new to the Ft Myers area, and haven't found much diving locally, except some spearfishing trips in the Gulf, 20-40 miles out.
Where do you dive locally?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom