Fort Lauderdale Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be in Fort Lauderdale March 5th & 6th, and looking to do 2 days of diving. Looking for recommendations for a guide/boat/buddies as I will be by myself, and I am not from Florida.

99% of my diving has been the Channel Islands in California. I am only PADI Open Water and not Advanced yet. I'm just eager to get underwater and blow bubbles again!

What do you recommend?

Just north of Ft Lauderdale is Pompano. I like Pompano Dive Center, South Florida Dive HQ and Scubatyme. Another alternative is to call Gold Coast Scuba or Force-E and describe the sort of dive you want to do and either shop can find the appropriate boat. Neither operates it's own charter. If you don't like the boat inst-buddy route, you can hire a guide from any of the charters or shops.

I'm doing my AOW through my LDS in NC, but we are going down to FL next month for the checkout dives to get to warmer water. Going out with Pompano Dive Center. Looking forward to it

there is always beach diving in lauderdale by the sea the town just north of ft. lauderdale....max depth is abut 20fsw....

Thanks DiverSteve for the shoutout. Dates were changed and we buddied up today. Bit bumpy out, but once below 30', things cleared up decent and the diving was good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom