Fort Flagler (Marrowstone Is.) Dive Report, 31 March 08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It was a gorgeous day for diving! Vis about 25ft, water temp a toasty 44F, light current and plenty of critters. This was the second time I've done this dive and I like it even better now.

The drive out Marrowstone is pretty, and there's things to do topside a Fort Flagler if you've got non-diving family members hitched to your D-rings. The site is in a secluded location -- with geese and goats to greet you. The walk down to the beach in your gear is a bit of a slog but the steps have been improved since last year. If you can catch this at slack tide the pilings would make a good dive for beginners. (Be warned: the site is open to the sound, so it's highly current sensitive. Consult current and tide predictions before becoming high-speed flotsam.) Those same currents feed a beautiful array of life and keep the water clear. Out beyond the pilings are fields of sea pens, old metal items from when the pier was active -- now encrusted with all kinds of goodies -- and a kind of concrete junkyard with hiding spots for fish and crustaceans.

Driving directions: Fort Flagler

Ease of diving: :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Photography: :camera::camera::camera::camera:
Fun: :beer::beer::beer::beer:

glenn

Attachments

• ananome1.JPG
    ananome1.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ananome2.JPG
    ananome2.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 33
  • lingcod.JPG
    lingcod.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 42
  • nudi1.JPG
    nudi1.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 36
  • piling1.JPG
    piling1.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 34
  • seapens1.JPG
    seapens1.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 45
Nice report (and pics). I'll have to try this site sometime!

Back
Top Bottom