Forra diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polar_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I stongly recommend against booking daily or LOB dives with them while in Koh Lipe. PM me for details.

Why keep it a secret - post a report!

I stongly recommend against booking daily or LOB dives with them while in Koh Lipe. PM me for details.

Hi Polar Diver--I am considering their liveaboard... please advise... What is the problem there? Thanks

There are several reasons to not go diving with them: 1. The first "special cigarette" is lit already before the first dive and also in between dives very "special cigarettes" are consumed. You know what I mean. For some people this could actually be a reason to dive with them, but not for all. So you should know about. 2. Their boats are always leaking some oil. Preferably above dive sites ... 3. They have the worst Instructor-student ratio on try-dives. 3 or more people (without any experience or theoretical knowledge) on one instructor. 4. If it is raining all the stuff in the cabins is going to be wet. 5. All kind of food is thrown over board. 6. Absolute lack of organisation. 7. No decompression limits are seen as not too important. 8. If you just follow the instructor you might end the day with the deepest dive and start it with the shallowest. 9 ...

I was diving with them a couple of years ago and they were OK.
1) What is the problem if they smoke?
2) That is really bad for a dive boat
3) 3 people with just one instructor??? No other helpers? that is dangerous!
4) lol
5) That is standard practice in Thailand and I don't see much harm. Less harm than all the fisher in the "Nationalparks"
6) rofl this is Thailand
7) That is your job, if you are certified
8) Not optimal but not killing you
9) How many accidents did they have in the last years? If it is zero it is ridiculous. Maybe they don't want to be scuba nanny.
Only point 2 and 3 is shocking me.

Why is 3 students to one instructor for a try dive shocking? Most recreational dive organisations allow 4:1. Not saying it's necessarily good customer service but 3:1 is well within standards.

Why is 3 students to one instructor for a try dive shocking? Most recreational dive organisations allow 4:1. Not saying it's necessarily good customer service but 3:1 is well within standards.

Limbo: forget it! I confused try-dives with "Discover Scuba Diving" and somehow I got in my mind 3 people who don't know anything at 10 meter with 1 Instructor.....
But I misread it....just ignore what I wrote......

I was diving with them a couple of years ago and they were OK.
1) What is the problem if they smoke?

I think "special cigarette" is likely a joint; not just a cigarette. :hippy:

If it isn't the instructor....I don't care. It is very common in the south of Thailand. If it is Instructor or an important people than it isn't good.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom