Formula 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boom - well said. We share every opinion. I'm quite anxious to watch the start on Saturday night (Sunday afternoon Aussie time) now that they've banned launch control.

Well, banned it unless you get caught, anyway. I think they should just call themselves FIA-rrari.

For the past ten years or more I have followed Formula 1 avidly but with the arrival of the British American Cancer 'team', Ecclestones bribing of the UK government and the recent exclusion of well established race tracks because of their nation's anti-tobacco advertising rules, I can no-longer bring myself to watch what is effectively nothing more than a tobacco industry roadshow... 8^(

K.

Phaethon:
...nothing more than a tobacco industry roadshow...
Funny you should mention this - I'm watching the hot laps now, and just noticed for the first time that the sign next to the Fosters ad is a Marlboro ad. I think they've got an advertising-ban exemption to keep the race in Melbourne because tobacco ads are only allowed at the point-of-sale here in Victoria (ie a sign over the cash register in the shop).

If all tobacco product logos have been stripped from the cars, which product is on Schumi's Ferrari this year? And Rubens Barrichello's Ferrari, for that matter?

Back
Top Bottom