Former Vice President taking OW training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I call BS! What about this? Gore Family Goes Scuba Diving, Reef Exploring in Keys - Los Angeles Times
Check the date 1992.

November 29, 1992| From Associated Press
Vice President-elect Al Gore and his family went scuba diving and explored the coral reef off the Florida Keys Friday.

The Gores arrived Tuesday at Little Palm Island, a resort about 28 miles northeast of Key West, and they've been sunbathing, para-sailing and learning to scuba dive, said Joe Roth, a general partner of Little Palm Island.

Maybe a re-fresher:wink:

When you're in office, you say you're learning to scuba dive because it projects an image (to non-divers) of an active man (yes, we know better), rather than somebody who's planning to belly up to the buffet between hammock rides. Now that he's out of office, he has [-]no[/-] less incentive to [-]lie[/-] massage the truth, so this time it's probably legit.
:D

I call BS! What about this? Gore Family Goes Scuba Diving, Reef Exploring in Keys - Los Angeles Times
Check the date 1992.

Vice President-elect Al Gore and his family went scuba diving and explored the coral reef off the Florida Keys Friday.

The Gores arrived Tuesday at Little Palm Island, a resort about 28 miles northeast of Key West, and they've been sunbathing, para-sailing and learning to scuba dive, said Joe Roth, a general partner of Little Palm Island.

Some people are slow learners?

Hey, my gf took 5 years, in 5 different countries, and two certification cycles, before she overcame some self doubts, self defeating blocks, and actually certified.

Check the date 1992.

You know I do seem to remember this and did wonder a bit about his getting OW certified recently. Maybe the reporters got it wrong and he was doing his AOW? Heck, I wanted 40 years before getting AOW.

Check the date 1992.

He was doing OW check out dives. Although I was setting up my equipment about 30 ft away, & did not talk to him, I was there Sun. I'm not saying he wasn't a diver before. There are many divers who get out of the sport for an extended period of time & retake a course. It's been almost 20yrs since 1992. A lot has changed since then.

There was even mentioned that he may return to the quarry for AOW training (really can't see that happening,... I really don't think he'd be much up for the 42 degree temps he'd experience below 60 ft).

Wait for the news release after he dives the deep quarries:

"Peeing in wetsuits benefits the environment, Gore study shows"

Maybe he can make the sun shine anytime he wants to dive. He can harness the sun don't ya know (see picture)!

Attachments

• AlGoreAndGlowingOrb.JPG
    AlGoreAndGlowingOrb.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 102
heh.. Cheney would have shot his instructor with a speargun by now.... IJS.... :rofl3:

True, but I'd still rather go hunting with him, than ride in a car or a plane with a Kennedy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom