Former Vice President taking OW training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of you guys are just being MEANIE-PANTS!

Good for him.
I hope he has fun.

Chug
Did not vote for him for prez.

Some of you guys are just being MEANIE-PANTS!

Good for him.
I hope he has fun.

Chug
Did not vote for him for prez.

But it's not fun if you are serious all the time.

Hey, maybe Al Gore will create his own dive agency.

While I am not an Al Gore fan, his celebrity in the area of environmental awareness would be HUGE for the dive community. (If that is really him!) I hope he loves diving and gets behind things like Project Aware and other important projects to preserve our underwater environment (and playground)

I completely agree.

While I am not an Al Gore fan, his celebrity in the area of environmental awareness would be HUGE for the dive community. (If that is really him!) I hope he loves diving and gets behind things like Project Aware and other important projects to preserve our underwater environment (and playground). Maybe he can also communicate with the current administration about opening up Cuba to diver tourism. Is anyone besides me anxious for open and simple travel to Cuba???
DivemasterDennis

We Canadians (and Europeans) don't want you Americans there. You'll only commercialize this beautiful place. JUST KIDDING (I'm a dual citizen born in U.S.) Beware of what you ask for. If you go there, beware IF you leave the resort compound, as I can attest from our '03 trip, that this is a repressive Communist regime. If you stay on the resort and maybe do an organized scuba trip I imagine you'd be OK. Reminded me of my '84 trip to the USSR when me and my 69 year old mother were detained, which made front page news in Canada. I wasn't yet certified, but the snorkel tour in Cuba invovled a bus to the site near Matanzas. Guess they figured a boat captain may decide to motor to Miami. Took a horse and buggy tour in Cardenas with a waitress at our resort who lives there. Went by the house of Elian Gonzalez (remember him?). Took a picture and if it weren't for our waitress freind proclaiming our resort and status as Canadians, we may still be there. Then on the drive back (in a freind of our waitress' car), La Policia stopped us and extorted $50 from her. She had to hang her resort waitress uniform in the window to prove she wasn't a prostitute. Castro's Cuba is maybe a better place now for Cubans than under Battista. It has a ways to go.

at least Al doesn't have his mask on his forehead
When the Vice President does it, they go to DEFCON 2 and scramble jets from NORAD--it's the USAF equivalent of the PADI response.
:D

Do you think Al is a serious shell collector like me? Does he have serious knowledge of shell populations? Maybe he's my next dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom