Foreigners not allowed in Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was hoping to do a liveaboard to Raja Ampat at the end of 2021, then a land/sea adventure to Komodo. Is the consensus that it is still risky to make a reservation because of Covid concerns? I do not want to get into a non-refundable situation. Any thoughts?

Any recommendations for a liveaboard operation that is on the higher quality end? Also, does anyone have a group going in 2021 or 2022 with availability for a single female to join?

Thanks!

Indonesia is going through a serious covid outbreak again so I would not plan on any trips until general tourist visa's are available again and that could be a long time and not likely for 2021. If you want to pay for a 2021 liveaboard then that would not be a risk I would make unless you plan on the money being used as a non refundable donation.

I was hoping to do a liveaboard to Raja Ampat at the end of 2021, then a land/sea adventure to Komodo. Is the consensus that it is still risky to make a reservation because of Covid concerns? I do not want to get into a non-refundable situation. Any thoughts?

Any recommendations for a liveaboard operation that is on the higher quality end? Also, does anyone have a group going in 2021 or 2022 with availability for a single female to join?

Thanks!
You are pretty late under normal situation. LoB to R4 is usually fully booked months ahead of the schedule. The demand is huge but not the supply.
With so many rescheduled to 2022 your best option is 2023. And start saving for the expected increase in rate.

If you really want a LoB in this part of the world. How about Maldives or Similan(should be freely opened by then) in the beginning of 2022.

Thanks!
We moved our trip from 2020 to December 2021 and there are plenty of spaces available. We booked on the GAIA live aboard. They are pretty good and I know of divers who had been on it repeatedly. Having said that, the prospects of a sailing for the end of the year is still very much up in the air. Per our TA, none of the liveaboards give refund. GAIA will let you reschedule 12 months ahead of time for free. Haven't discussed trip cancellation. Again, my understanding from our TA is that, none of the liveaboards give refund.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Any specific resorts recommended to go to that have colorful reefs and an abundance of sea life that are open these days and the weather is favorable? I have time now to go on a trip, and miss going under the sea!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Any specific resorts recommended to go to that have colorful reefs and an abundance of sea life that are open these days and the weather is favorable? I have time now to go on a trip, and miss going under the sea!
Misool

Have you checked the latest entry requirement to Indonesia from USA?

Indonesia (Travel Restrictions, COVID Tests & Quarantine Requirements) - Wego Travel Blog

I have no idea how accurate the information is but did mention 14 days quarantine in Indonesia. And you need to apply for the visa in advance.

https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/hk/en/news-and-events/kebijakan-operasional-terkait-covid19

After the initial 5 x 24 hrs period, another RT-PCR test, if negative then you may continue your journey after total of 14 days. If positive you would have to pay for the treatment.

Thanks!

I have been on Amira & Blue Manta. They are higher quality end.

I booked Blue Manta for February 2022 more than 2 years ago, but if the country is still closed by then, I may have to reschedule it to a later date.

If you can somehow get the visa to Indonesia, you can look at their schedule & availability at White Manta Diving - Schedules & Rates for KM Blue Manta and book it directly by yourself.

For 2021 I won’t take any chances to go to Indonesia. I do have this deal for Cocos (one of my dive buddies decided to cancel his spot) if you are interested, Cocos with Argo, September 10-20, 2021, $1000 off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom