Foreigners not allowed in Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes!

Just watch this:

I have absolutely no problem with this. We can barely get sufficient US citizens to get vaccinated and we’re shipping millions of doses abroad anyway. More vaccinated folks are good for everyone.

I have absolutely no problem with this. We can barely get sufficient US citizens to get vaccinated and we’re shipping millions of doses abroad anyway. More vaccinated folks are good for everyone.
It helps boost US tourism too.

As long as they do not come from India.
I don’t think that is preventable. There are quite a few of Indian-origin US citizen that went to India to visit their relatives, attending their parent funeral, etc., and came back to USA. So, Delta & Delta Plus variants are here already.

We’ll have 4th of July holiday coming up, people would be celebrating the Independence Day, gathering without mask. We’ll see what happens 2 weeks afterwards.

In the meantime, I’ll stay away from those gatherings, keep my social distancing, wearing mask if social distancing is not possible or when I’m in public building. I would like to be COVID free while I’m in Malpelo (Colombia), July 9-19.

I don’t think that is preventable. There are quite a few of Indian-origin US citizen that went to India to visit their relatives, attending their parent funeral, etc., and came back to USA. So, Delta & Delta Plus variants are here already.

We’ll have 4th of July holiday coming up, people would be celebrating the Independence Day, gathering without mask. We’ll see what happens 2 weeks afterwards.

In the meantime, I’ll stay away from those gatherings, keep my social distancing, wearing mask if social distancing is not possible or when I’m in public building. I would like to be COVID free while I’m in Malpelo (Colombia), July 9-19.
I thought they(US citizen) would require certain kind of quarantine or -ve test result after returning to US from India.

Delta variant is the main concern everywhere and we have one case so far.
Colleague of patient with Delta variant gets Covid - RTHK
And this got the authority worry.

We have more than enough vaccine and ignorant, selfish people.

I thought they(US citizen) would require certain kind of quarantine or -ve test result after returning to US from India.

Delta variant is the main concern everywhere and we have one case so far.
Colleague of patient with Delta variant gets Covid - RTHK
And this got the authority worry.

The problem with CoVid testing, a requirement prior to entering/returning to the US, is that, it does not catch 100% of the cases. There are quite a few variables- incubation period or timing of the sample, adequacy of sampling, number of virus (if present), etc. Best to just continue to practice social distancing, wear mask and practice good hygiene, irregardless of vaccination status.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom