Ford Transit Connect for dive wagon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surely someone out there is using one for a dive rig or on their job. I'm shopping used ones pretty hard. Are there differences in the years I should know about? 2010 - 2013 seem to be in my price range

Surely someone out there is using one for a dive rig or on their job. I'm shopping used ones pretty hard. Are there differences in the years I should know about? 2010 - 2013 seem to be in my price range
I know a few people who use a connect van. One of them carries 25tanks and all the gear for 8-10 students 2or 3 a week in it.
They are cheap to repair and good for over 200k miles

We have two of these at my work and I have used both of them to haul scuba cylinders (24 at a time). They are pretty nice. They don't have a ton of power, but I was comfortable driving them in DC rush traffic and on I-95 at highway speeds. I would think that if you were using one all of the time for hauling gear, air helper springs would be the way to go. If I didn't have a nice minivan that I got for free as a family hand-me down, I would definitely consider buying one.

Jackie

We have one at work that I sometimes use. I love it. Its great for parallel parking (work in DC), good visibility, great gas mileage. It's definitely not a luxury vehicle. My only complaint is that the third brake light above the rear door sticks up so high above the roof that it prevents the vehicle from fitting in parking garages with clearance limits of less than 7'0". On newer models this light has been recessed into the door so this must have been a common complaint. Also some of these have a higher roof line than others if it matters.

We have one at work that I sometimes use. I love it. Its great for parallel parking (work in DC), good visibility, great gas mileage. It's definitely not a luxury vehicle. My only complaint is that the third brake light above the rear door sticks up so high above the roof that it prevents the vehicle from fitting in parking garages with clearance limits of less than 7'0". On newer models this light has been recessed into the door so this must have been a common complaint. Also some of these have a higher roof line than others if it matters.
Depends what body.
They do standard mid top and high top I have the standard and the roof level is under 6ft

Depends what body.
They do standard mid top and high top I have the standard and the roof level is under 6ft
Yes - ours is definitely the higher roof version. That is really the only complaint I have about ours, if it were the lower version it would be the perfect vehicle. I would think it would be great for hauling dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom