Force Fins slipping off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seafish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a pair of women's Tan Delta Force Fins (ML) with nylon straps. I normally wear a size 8M shoe. When I try them in the water barefoot, they almost slip off the heel..

My first question is would getting comfort insteps help the slippage problem?

I also tried using the Force Fins with neoprene wetsuit socks (2mm) and I had a lot of pain in my feet like they were being crushed.

My other question, do neoprene socks come thinner than 2mm, and where can I buy these online? (I thought this might also solve the slippage issue).

Thanks in advance!

I am a size 8 and normally use a L force fin with 7mm boots. I recently bought a ML pro model (yellow with bungie) to use with 3mm, soft sole boots and was unable to use them with the boots by the 2nd dive due to the fin rubbing the top bone above the instep on my foot. Since I was on a liveaboard, I wound up having to borrow a pair of 1.5 neoprene socks as well and wrapping my feet with tape! Helped with some of the rubbing but still not a good, comfortable fit for diving. :-(

I think the pain you had was similar to what I had...

Called over to their store and spoke with Bob when I got back home the other day... turned out that I should not have gone down to the ML and now hope they are able to exchange my fins for the size, model and color I need or will have to simply send them back for a refund. Since you have the same size foot I have, maybe you should think about exchanging them (if possible) for the size L as well.

If you can't exchange them, I have a new pair of comfort insteps and would be more than happy to sell them to you... you would just have to check into pricing for shipping over to where you live.

They do make 1.5 mm socks... think they were by deep sea. However, even with the adjustments I made to make in order to use them through the week on the boat, I did have the fins fall off once while jumping in. Interestingly, I never had that issue when diving with my size L pros that have the nylon strap.

Hi coralcruiser,

Thanks for answering and offering about the comfort insteps. I've had the fins longer than the exchange/refund period, unfortunately. Since posting, I've done a lot more searching for thinner socks, and I've seen some lycra versions. I will try one of these, and see if it's any better. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom