Force fins problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gingerfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all this is my first time to post here and first i apologize for my poor English.

i am a new force fins user and i have brought a pair of pro force fins two days ago. I was first using them for snorkling yesterday and I got some problems that i need your advice. I was wearing it with boots. At the time i wear in on the shore it fts perfectly. But when i use it for ten minutes under water i found the fins is getting tight and my foot is hurting. I feel my feet very tired and seems that the blodd cant pass to the front part of my feet. How can i fix that problem? should i get a thinner boot or get a comfort instep? thanks you so much! my size is 10.5 US 10 UK nad i brought an XL force fins.

moved to the Force Fin forum...

loosen the strap. most likely you have the strap too tight and it is the root of the problem. the Bungie heel strap is very good for this as you can't make it too tight. With the design of the Force Fin you don't need a strap at all, its there because people think it should be there and it provides some extra security during surf entry/exit, while swimming you want it very loose as the fin will force itself onto your foot as it propels you forward.

Another issue is that the the fin may be to small for your foot/boot combination. The design of the fin is such that when you use it it pushes itself more firmly onto your foot. That could be why they feel fine on land and only become uncomfortable after you have been using it for a while. The Comfort Instep isn't going to help you in this case; it's purpose with boots on is to make the foot pocket smaller if the fins are a little bit too big for you. It takes up a little bit of space and results in a snugger fit, and that doesn't seem to be what you are wanting. What type of boots are you using? How thick are they? Are they hard or soft soled? The reason that I ask is that a hard sole bootie will take up more room in the foot pocket while a soft sole bootie will flex and fit more comfortably.

It is the size! I wear a 10.5 boot and the XL is too tight for me. I have to use an XXL with the Inserts to get a great fit!

It is great to read all of the posts! Thanks for the great info from everyone!

Fit can be personal and everyone has different shapes of feet, but more than 85% of the time a person with a 10 10.5 11 11.5 12 should be using a XXL. It gives you the most range for different boot set ups.
I have a 10.5 US and I prefer the XXL. I use it 90% of the time with the comfort instep inserted. Barefoot I use 2 Insteps- I tried it to see if I could. I always use some type of boot.
3,5 & 7 MM wetsuit boot with flexible sole, Gates Drysuit semi-flexible boot and DUI Dry with a Rock boot with out the instep. The XXL gives me every possible foot wear combination and if you have a 10 to 11 I would not even think about another size unless you are wearing very thin Aqua Socks or barefoot 90% of the time.

Gingerfish Thank you for your PM and I look forward to hearing from you about what options will work for you that I have presented.

depending on the thickness of the sole of the boot an XL in a 10.5 foot should be right. I wear my XL all the time and I have a 13 foot, but I wear fairly thin soled booties. I have XXL, but if I am in wet booties I need a comfort instep to make them small enough to fit. Now I have a pair of very thick soled wetsuit booties that barely, if at all, fit into the XXL.

I've found the fitting of Force Fins to be smaller than other manufacturers. I would normally wear a size Large fin, but my Force Fins are an XL.

Also, as other have said, the inherent efficiency and propulsion of Force Fins will serve to 'drive' them onto your feet as you fin.

I have a problem with Force Fins.
I want more pairs of them and on my last dive, some hot women liked my purple Flying Force fins!

uncleavi - well, then take pictures and report back to us here.

Blair, you might want to send a PM to Gingerfish because they are a new user and maybe they will not find the thread again, because English seems to be a second language. I suggest asking for a digital photo of the foot/boot and fin in question perhaps a picture is worth 1000 words.

Back
Top Bottom