Force Fins, Does anybody actually use them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like them very much and have 4 pair of them.
My Wife uses the Foil Force and I can never tell which model I like the best.
When I teach here in Alaska I tend to put the pro model as it fits SO well over my Drysuit. I also have a pair of the new military fin and it is really nice.
They have a kind of cult following and I am on the Force Fin side.
One of my favorite things is that they are made in the USA and even though I am a left wing liberal I still look for this. As a Veteran of an Elite military unit I can tell .
you it is easy to parachute and or walk in the back of a Helo or Plane with them on
Now go and give them a try

My wife uses the standard blue model. She likes them. She has very hard to fit feet with a high instep and went through half a dozen different types before settling on the Force Fins. Her only complaint is that she doesn't like them for long surface swims. I have an instructor friend, former special forces, who swears by the black version. I've been diving with him a few times and he sure does well with them. As far as looks go, who cares?

Force Fins colors are meaningless. You can get pretty much any of the fins in any color that you wish and have the same fin. The translucent colors are the exception, they are the very pricey Tan Delta material that is stiffer and with better rebound.

I picked up a new pair at the LP store a few years ago for $100. (They were hanging on the wall in the store). Extra Force with whiskers. I never dove them for a year. Put them on my garage wall as a spare pair. Then last year I took them to the quarry just for "kicks". I became a believer. Then to Florida, Cozumel, T&C and Bonaire. Now I won't dive anything else. My jets have become the pair hanging in the garage.

The fins take a few dives before you appreciate how efficient and useful they are. You will not regret buying these and make sure that you get the bungee straps.

And yes, people will look at you as if you had three feet!

I used various models off-and-on since 1981. They were ok, and super-comfortable on my feet. Then I got a new set of the the old Voit UDT fins when the original molds were briefly resurrected a few years ago. Sheer bliss - like having 2x4's strapped to your feet.

I got tired of having to re-thread my buddy's fin straps every few hours so I gave him a pair of Force Fins to use instead. We were doing a lot of fisheries harvesting / diving in brisk currents lugging sacks of "whatever" around & he had no problem getting speed & sufficient power out of them.
... it is easy to parachute and or walk in the back of a Helo or Plane with them on ...
My Duck Feet almost beat me to death one day, they were sure not intended to be going 120 mph.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom