Force fin sizing question for FF users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm curious about the FF's, so if I find a cheap used pair of the pro version, then I'll buy it to try it (currently I'm using Tusa x-pert zooms). I'm just not sure about what size to get.

I use a US size 11 warm water boot. According to leisurepro's size chart I should use size LR for the force fins, whereas according to force fin's site I should get an XL pair.

If you use size 11 warm water boots and use these fins, or know someone that does, then please let me know what size fit you best. Thanks.

*Floater*:
I'm curious about the FF's, so if I find a cheap used pair of the pro version, then I'll buy it to try it (currently I'm using Tusa x-pert zooms). I'm just not sure about what size to get.

I use a US size 11 warm water boot. According to leisurepro's size chart I should use size LR for the force fins, whereas according to force fin's site I should get an XL pair.

If you use size 11 warm water boots and use these fins, or know someone that does, then please let me know what size fit you best. Thanks.

I use a pair of Force Fin Pros and love them. I have a size 12 foot, and use a pair of XL's. They are a little big for me but I use them with a pair of foam inserts ( made by FF), that way I could use them with either a dry suit or wetsuit. Go to your local dive shop that carries FF and try it. The dive shop that I work at, we carry a couple of pair in our rental dept, just for people like yourself that want to try them. I think once you do, you'll find them really comfortable and cause less leg fatigue or cramps.
Enjoy,
Chris

Vtdiver2:
I use a pair of Force Fin Pros and love them. I have a size 12 foot, and use a pair of XL's. They are a little big for me but I use them with a pair of foam inserts ( made by FF), that way I could use them with either a dry suit or wetsuit. Go to your local dive shop that carries FF and try it. The dive shop that I work at, we carry a couple of pair in our rental dept, just for people like yourself that want to try them. I think once you do, you'll find them really comfortable and cause less leg fatigue or cramps.
Enjoy,
Chris

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to buy a used pair, so I don't want to abuse the LDS by trying out their fins for sizing purpoess and then buying from some place else.

I wear a 10 ½ to 11 size shoe with a fairly narrow foot and my Force Fins are ML. They fit perfect with booties and with the FF insert they fit pretty well barefoot. The sizing seems to be more critical for width and arch height than for length of your foot.

I thought mine were stolen over a year ago, and just found them a couple weeks ago in a box of boat tools – don’t ask me. I don’t use them all the time but for some dive conditions and pool work they are the best.

Bill51:
I wear a 10 ½ to 11 size shoe with a fairly narrow foot and my Force Fins are ML. They fit perfect with booties and with the FF insert they fit pretty well barefoot. The sizing seems to be more critical for width and arch height than for length of your foot.

I thought mine were stolen over a year ago, and just found them a couple weeks ago in a box of boat tools – don’t ask me. I don’t use them all the time but for some dive conditions and pool work they are the best.

Bill, how wide is your boot at the widest part? What about around the arc of the foot?

The ML fin is just over 3” wide at the bottom of the pocket at the back, about 3.75” wide at the widest at the back, and just under 3.5” high over the top of the arch – if that helps. My boot with my foot in it is just over 4” wide at the ball of the foot.

Bill51:
The ML fin is just over 3” wide at the bottom of the pocket at the back, about 3.75” wide at the widest at the back, and just under 3.5” high over the top of the arch – if that helps. My boot with my foot in it is just over 4” wide at the ball of the foot.

Well, I think my feet are narrower than average for their size, but I'm not really sure. My dive boot is also a little over 4" around the widest part (about 4.25") - I'm leaning towards the large FF though because that would leave a little more room for error than the ML, but I'd like to hear from more users. Thanks for the info Bill.

Strange. I have XL FF Pros, a size 11 foot and warm water booties but wish I had bought XXL. My problem is the width. The booties wedge in pretty tightly and can be a real effort to remove (varies with bootie brand). But this is different from what other posters said. Perhaps because mine are so old that the manufacturing molds have changed?

Since you don't want to abuse your LDS, perhaps you can find enough friends with FF's to try various sizes.

good luck

knotical:
Strange. I have XL FF Pros, a size 11 foot and warm water booties but wish I had bought XXL. My problem is the width. The booties wedge in pretty tightly and can be a real effort to remove (varies with bootie brand). But this is different from what other posters said. Perhaps because mine are so old that the manufacturing molds have changed?

Since you don't want to abuse your LDS, perhaps you can find enough friends with FF's to try various sizes.

good luck

I would buy from the LDS to get the size right, but force-fins are too expensive to buy new for me - especially since I may not even like them once I try them. Also, I do my diving on my dive trips to other countries (Philippines mainly), but I buy the gear beforehand in preparation, so I don't have the option to try out friends fins right now.

My last option therefore is just to buy used force-fins if I see a good deal and hope I get lucky with the size. If they don't fit then I can probably unload them for about the same price I paid for them since used fins are still used fins after I try them out - they won't depreciate much from a few more dives.

I would recommend you spend a couple hours in a pool at least before taking the Force Fins on a dive trip. I love mine, but they do take a little practice to learn to use them to their best advantage – especially frog kicks and backing up with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom