Force Fin Pro vs Extra Force Fin Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My LDS has the Force Fin Pro and the Extra Force Fin Pro (not the Tan Delta). Both of them are Black in color. How do you compare the performance of these two?

Thank you.

hongrace,
What is your local dive shop, as we have not sold Extra Force Fins in the original Poly material for some time and that model in that material is a favorite among a lot of divers.
There is more surface area and a different design at work with Extra Force. I have found it to have better performance when I am Free Diving because the cadence of my kick is a bit slower than I use with the PROS and I still have great propulsion. You also have the Force Wing options that allows you freedom in changing the way water passes over the fin blade which gives you more control in tracking.

The PROS are very comfortable with a lot of maneuverability. It really is the favorite for most and the size makes it a great travel fin it also does wonders in tight spaces like wrecks. Please feel free to post, email or call us 1.800.346.7946 and we will assist you in getting you closer to making your choice. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.

I live in Hong Kong and I think they haven't sold a lot of Force Fin here, so some of the older stock still available.

I mainly do UW photography so I need a pair that allow me to manoeuver. If both of them is equal in term of manoeuverabilty, then I may go for the extra as it gives extra power.

Hongrace,
If maneuverability is your main concern you might be best going with the PROS as the size of the fin blade combined with comfort and power is a winning combo.

If you really are concerned about power then go with the Extras, but photogs love the PROS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom