Force Fin Pro Plastic Bungie Replacement Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cire

New
Reaction score
I recently bought the Bungie Replacement kit for the Force Fin Pro, and unfortunately the Shock Cord Screw Mount clip broke upon adjusting the length. The bungie no longer stays locked in place due to this, and it was after I had already installed the screw and bushing with lock-tite sealed up.

I have been trying to contact the Force Fin team via their contact form and also via PM to Bob Evans on this forum to see if they could send me a replacement set of screw/bushing/shock cord mount but am not getting a response.

Bob, if you are reading this, could you let me know if you would please cover this as warranty?

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 148
I recently bought the Bungie Replacement kit for the Force Fin Pro, and unfortunately the Shock Cord Screw Mount clip broke upon adjusting the length. The bungie no longer stays locked in place due to this, and it was after I had already installed the screw and bushing with lock-tite sealed up.

I have been trying to contact the Force Fin team via their contact form and also via PM to Bob Evans on this forum to see if they could send me a replacement set of screw/bushing/shock cord mount but am not getting a response.

Bob, if you are reading this, could you let me know if you would please cover this as warranty?
Yes, I will take care of this issue..I must admit SB is a great spot to catch me..our Web Site is beening hammered by not so nice people..but will look into why the contact is not working. Now what was the order number and I will take care of it my self..our Penn plant is running , but my staff cannot work with us here in Santa Barbara.. Hey I will drop something cool in your box ..finding all sorts of history and glad to share.

Much appreciated Bob, I haven't gotten to use the fins all that much and can't wait to use it once businesses start opening up again.

Order details were: [Order #2363] (2020-03-26)

Much appreciated Bob, I haven't gotten to use the fins all that much and can't wait to use it once businesses start opening up again.

Order details were: [Order #2363] (2020-03-26)
Ok, on your needs..best, bob

Just in case you want to use your fins, before getting the repair kit : you can tie a knot at each end of the shock cord and be able to slip your fins on.

I had the same problem 2 years back while diving : the plastic thingie got busted on the boat (some guys are hopeless while handling tanks). We were 40 minutes aways from port, so I improvised that (on an inflatable, with the surf) and could enjoy my dive.

Just in case you want to use your fins, before getting the repair kit : you can tie a knot at each end of the shock cord and be able to slip your fins on.

I had the same problem 2 years back while diving : the plastic thingie got busted on the boat (some guys are hopeless while handling tanks). We were 40 minutes aways from port, so I improvised that (on an inflatable, with the surf) and could enjoy my dive.
THAT is EXACTLY what I do. I just tie a knot at the end of the bungee.

I guess everyone want to talk bungee problems..ok have a great month of May..
THAT is EXACTLY what I do. I just tie a knot at the end of the bungee.
So Mike you know me, just like to be postive now days, life is short. Now I see a problem being the main subject of talk, when I come on SB to doing some thing interesting. Ayway Have enought problems here in Santa Barbara is deal with. We have a phone number 805-966-9628 and our staff can not work with us due to the VIRUS, so things are changing for the worst., can not leave home and no more early morning master swim...so I am going to take a break....

That's a jolly strange reaction to a positive and helpful comment. Bob - some of us are ON your side.

That's a jolly strange reaction to a positive and helpful comment. Bob - some of us are ON your side.
Hear, hear!

I guess everyone want to talk bungee problems..ok have a great month of May..

So Mike you know me, just like to be postive now days, life is short. Now I see a problem being the main subject of talk, when I come on SB to doing some thing interesting. Ayway Have enought problems here in Santa Barbara is deal with. We have a phone number 805-966-9628 and our staff can not work with us due to the VIRUS, so things are changing for the worst., can not leave home and no more early morning master swim...so I am going to take a break....

Hey Bob!
Not sure, what happened there! We have at least 10 pairs in Force Fins since I have 3 sons who dive and insist on using ONLY your fins. Just bought another pair last month to keep in the States when we return so that we don't have to transport back and forth.
I am 100% pro Force Fin!

Love the comfort of the bungee. I had once mishap in all my years. The coupling came loose when I was getting back into a RHIB boat in the Baltic Sea. The fin fell off of my foot into the Sea. I had already ditched my rig so I had no weights. I chased it down to about 15 feet as it was sinking on 1 breath when I had to give it up. It was one of my Tan Delta's Extra Force w. whiskers. I could have died!

Fortunately, the Captain tagged the GPS location so we picked up the rest of the divers then returned to the spot. I dived again with the remaining air. I was getting to the point where I was going to have to give up when I found it!!! YEAH! I then decided to tie a knot in the bungee so that the coupling wasn't the only thing holding it and have never looked back!

I wouldn't dive without Force Fins! Just last autumn we were back in the States and diving in San Diego on the Yukon. Current was rather stout at depth and my 17-year-old son had to dive with rentals. He got so exhausted trying to stay on the wreck that he had to forego the subsequent dive.

I calculated the cost and it was more cost effective to buy another set of Force Fins to just leave in the States instead of renting junk!

Only POSITIVE BOB!
Love you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom