Force Fin Hockey Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My hubby's arrived right before Christmas. . . . beautiful fins. I can't wait to see how they do in a good current! We wore our excellerators for goliath spawning this year and swam AGAINST a current that was sending everyone off like bowling balls. Then we kicked with it, and it was probably the most fun I have ever had. We were laughing so hard our masks kept fogging. We were the only people smiling at the end of the dive. :)

These are shorter ( easier to pack!) and more stiff, but the same weight. There are ridges for channeling water instead of whiskers. It will be interesting comparing our fins in the water! I think a day of reckoning is coming for all my boasting and zipping around the hubby on our long swims back to shore. Thanks, Susanne, for the painstaking phone order. I suspect that, if I had hung up and ordered them online, we would have missed the chance!

Thank you, Bob! The hubby can't wait to try them out. Happy New Year to you and Susanne!

Any thoughts on adavantages/disadvantage on these vs the tan delta extra force fins I have right now

These are much more responsive, manuever faster (short) and much more comfortable than a TanDelta Extra.

I am the Josh, Bob mentioned. There are 2 versions of the Hockey fin out there. The longer ones and these appear to be the shorter version. The longer one was based on the excellerator and is similar in performance but doesn't need whiskers. It is not as sensitive as the excellerator as the tips are stiffer for better high power thrust, but the excellerator can take better advantage of small ( think ankle ) movement for hovering and fin sculling. Both are awesome for frog kick!

This, as I said appears to the smaller version, which is even more responsive and manueverable still provides all the go you want. These are the travel Kings, as they are tiny and pack a punch.

It is important to remember, there is no magic fin that will suddenly allow to outswim a current, but good design will allow you to effectively transmit the strength you have into propulsion. All ForceFin designs do that well, much better and more comfortable than any other design I have used.

The Hockey Long and Short

UwlPTFq8lKsL64DFITpNw85PZ4eTe6wU_X2BCJO-UB26zbp_AIODB9w4jz-U6VgZuNatiDY=w1175-h881-no?authuser=0.jpg

I’m still waiting to try these. Been a long wait. XXL if you have any left @Bob Evans

I love the Hockey's. The long ones are so versatile. Just about the only fin I can frog kick, flutter, dolphin, helicopter, forward backward and sideways. The short ones are equally awesome, but only barefoot ,yes I barefoot a size L.

I'll admit they have 1 fault- No bungie straps. I need to call Bob and fix that already.

Bob- in your exploration of the archives, If you find a Hockey's in size XL, call me immediately!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom