For Those Who Have Shot Underwater...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

someone else

I can tell you though that 300WM with a muzzle brake is a terrible thing to be next to when it's fired. Grass/dirt/etc getting in my face lol
this is me with the boonie and someone else with a brake was to my left. The 300WM rifle would dislodge my boonie.

At around 58sec you can see stuff fly over in front of me lol

Recoil NMA4 AR15 - YouTube

Here is that same camera (Canon SD870) underwater using the Canon housing. The effect of the water really narrows up the view. Which is the reason I prefer the GoPro overall due to its built-in ultra wide angle. No need to add another expense to the housing with an add on lens.

Stuart Cove's Snorkel Bahamas - YouTube

no, standard A2 flashhider. Guy next to me had a brake

A muzzle brake on an AR? Post a pic!!

This was mine when I first got it. Had the grip pod on to zero it, but that's gone now and added some flip up iron sights.
266797_10150666710135366_7941697_o.jpg271166_10150666710140366_4304276_n.jpg

There is nothing wrong with using 30fps setting for when you are not doing a drift dive. Unfortunately drift diving and 30fps do not mix too well because you are swimming at speed and camera sensor blurs footage.

I film with Bonica which is 1080/720 30/60fps capable and you just have to pick and choose appropriate frame rate for the dive.

Also, remember you will record good footage if you are shooting 60fps. But because of video size limitations online, a lot of people convert videos. A lot of these video converters will knock it down to 30fps, so you will lose a lot of the HD (if there is a lot of movement).

Youtube does't support 60fps all your files get converted to 30fps....

And underwater there is not sufficient light to take 60 fps at 1/125. I am not even sure the Gopro uses 1/125 either

You guys just aren't getting it.

The higher the capture rate of frames per second on the front end is all the world of difference.

Seriously, I'd shoot full 120 FPS if the GoPro would support a 16:9 format at 720P or greater pixel count. but it doesn't only 480x480.

The frame count is all the difference in the world capturing super-smooth motion on the front end. If you want chunky studdering video, by all means shoot at 30 frames ( or slower) per second.

If you have a still point and shoot camera that shoots video, same difference, my old one shoots 15 fps, or 30 fps...........ummmmm, guess which one is smoother and sharper.

thanks RockyHeap...could not agree more. I just checked out the last video that wqas post on this thread. 1080 at 30 fps was just painful to continue to watch. Very grainey and the quick jerks were very noticable. Looked like a great dive with some beautiful areas to shoot. Now I'll be testing my new Itova Sport Pro tomorrow. Any advice pertaining to caves. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom