For Those Who Have Shot Underwater...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

someone else

I can tell you though that 300WM with a muzzle brake is a terrible thing to be next to when it's fired. Grass/dirt/etc getting in my face lol

Hahaha, I thought about getting a muzzle brake on mine but after hearing the stories of some range buddies I decided not to for the sake of other members.
I still want a spiral bolt though.
MG4A6034.jpg

Your a good father! I so want to fire a 50, at ten bucks a round I would have to get another job.

Is there a set of videos to show the difference in all the Hero2 settings, including 1080 and 720?

The frame count is all the difference in the world capturing super-smooth motion on the front end. If you want chunky studdering video, by all means shoot at 30 frames ( or slower) per second.
Actually shooting the slower frame rate gives you smoother motion. That's why in films they almost always are using 24fps. When doing fast action is when you need higher fps. While diving may not be a fast action sport, because of the fact that it's easy to shake the camera along with lots of little stuff moving around makes it to where you have to record like it. Underwater, you will get better video with high frame rate.
I don't know why people shoot 30 fps.
As for on land, if it's action use high frame rate. If you are recording a family picknick or something than you will want 30fps. With regular motion 30fps is always going to give you smoother motion. It will be even better once GoPro releases the update for 24fps. Shutter speed also makes a big difference, and you can't control that on GoPro.

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Hahaha, I thought about getting a muzzle brake on mine but after hearing the stories of some range buddies I decided not to for the sake of other members.
I still want a spiral bolt though.
View attachment 130657

I put a heavy buffer, and muzzlebrake on my AR. Feels like firing a pellet gun now. Barrel doesn't move, and you can fire it on your nose the recoil is so low.

I shoot a .270 WSM - had a guy at the 300 yd range next to me with a 300 winmag - and a muzzle break.

NEVER AGAIN!!!! Holy crap that was painful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom