For Those Who Have Shot Underwater...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAFirefighter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What settings have you used that work best with under water video on the GoPro? i.e. what FPS, metering, resolution, etc. I've been using these things for 6+ years now, but have never taken it under water. I have the Hero 2, a GoPro Dive housing, and red filter. I'll be in Bonaire, most shooting will be from 20-80' of water. Most likely without a light, but I may have something rigged up by the time I leave. Thanks!

I have used the R5 and the R3 settings, I personally prefer the R3. This was shot with those settings, SRP BlurFix and a SWCY filter:

[video=youtube_share;Tu3WjEXDXqk]http://youtu.be/Tu3WjEXDXqk[/video]

720P x 60 frames per second..........personally, all the 30 FPS look like you're in a epilepic seizure chasing whale sharks or twitching your camera side to side to side to side to side to side to side in a cosmic blur as the earth falls into the sun........

:D

I didn't like my 960x960? x 48 frames per second videos. 720P keeps the letter box 16:9 format.

Even on land, I don't shoot 30 FPS. With 60 frames per second and the superior stable image capture, I don't know why people shoot 30 fps.

I'd shoot full 120 FPS if it wasn't only 480x480.

I love the way 60 fps and 16:9 letterbox format looks on my 55" LCD TV.

Thook: Is that video of yours 30fps?

Rockyheap: On your tv screen could you really tell the difference between the 720P and 1080P settings or was it minimal?

on a 55" LCD screen, the 720x60fps is stunningly different. way sharper and smoother instead of chunck chunk chunk blocky video smooooooooothhhhhhh it is...........

try it you'll like it.

30 fps yes...setting of R5....Also Brillitan on a 65" plasma screen :shocked:

You guys just aren't getting it.

The higher the capture rate of frames per second on the front end is all the world of difference.

Seriously, I'd shoot full 120 FPS if the GoPro would support a 16:9 format at 720P or greater pixel count. but it doesn't only 480x480.

The frame count is all the difference in the world capturing super-smooth motion on the front end. If you want chunky studdering video, by all means shoot at 30 frames ( or slower) per second.

If you have a still point and shoot camera that shoots video, same difference, my old one shoots 15 fps, or 30 fps...........ummmmm, guess which one is smoother and sharper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom