For the rest of us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
I dove wet last year but I can assure you I will be thoroughly enjoying my new drysuit this year. Diving wet is better than not diving at all, but it sure doesn't beat diving dry!

One problem your going to discover, Diving dry is basically just a concept. I have yet surfaced from a dive with my drysuit completly dry. there will be leaks some big some small but you will enjoy the coolness of the dive even wearing a dry suit.

gtxl1200:
One problem your going to discover, Diving dry is basically just a concept. I have yet surfaced from a dive with my drysuit completly dry. there will be leaks some big some small but you will enjoy the coolness of the dive even wearing a dry suit.

That's what I hear. I'm taking a drysuit course right now so I'll discover that pretty quickly. I'm at least mentally ready for that. I don't expect bone dryness. I know there's almost always condensation and some leakage of the seals, sometimes more and sometimes less. The key thing is that it's more dry than wet and with the proper undergarments even when a bit damp you're much warmer and more comfortable than diving wet. Thanks for the reminder however!

gtxl1200:
I have yet surfaced from a dive with my drysuit completly dry.

Even this time???

Attachments

• Meet & Greet III 005 (Small).jpg
    Meet & Greet III 005 (Small).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 62
Mitten Diver:
Even this time???
Oh my god I'm laughing so hard right now tears are coming down my face. Man that is classic. the ol duct tape around the neck seal. RED Green would be proud. But I did get a new neck seal after that one was taken and it works much better I did several dives with the new seal and never once leaked there. Now it leaks around the shoulder dump valve but I think a little aqua seal will take care of that one. Man great memories from meet and greet past. Thanks for that post John

Make sure that you pay close attention to your inner liners when suiting up!

Attachments

• Meet & Greet III 001 (Small).jpg
    Meet & Greet III 001 (Small).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 44
Another bump.

Hey Ted, any floor space left?
I may have another diver on the hook from Grand Blanc. He does have a large enclosed utility trailer to camp with if yours is full.

-Dave

Yes space available it is always first come first serve with the bunk house I sent a PM to two other people and I never heard back so I assume they wont be coming to this one only the main meet and greet. So I will give a space away.

Thanks Ted. I will let you know for sure after I hear back from the him. He had to check with his work to see whether he could get it off.

This warm weather is really getting me fired up to dive. :D

-Dave

BUMP .... to keep this from dropping to page 2.

Tanks vip'ed, regs serviced, rest of gear gone over for any minor maintenance.
Gonna make up a list o goodies to bring.

Gotta get a new roll of duct tape for Ted's neck .... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom